A couple of Olive








Marie wrote:Rex is such a stud! Too bad about Raptor. I feel your pain. My vets also think that Popsicle has a respiratory defect. Basically, she has a really strange breathing pattern. They have tried every treatment, and nothing has been successful. After being on meds for an extended period of time, we were a little concerned that the medications were being hard on her organs. So, we made the decision to stop them. She has been drug free for over two years. She still has that strange breathing pattern, but otherwise she appears comfortable. She eats well and is very active.


f.C
SailleSkinklover wrote:Poor Raptor! Is it a possibility that he just breates noisily, (you know, like those mouth-breathing people whose noses are always stopped up from allergies or whatever? Or maybe they just like breathing through their mouths, I dunno!I'm a nose-breather myself. . . )
Or did the vet actually find something that you guys just can't seem to pinpoint?
By the way, Rex looks HUGE! What a chunka-lunk of love!

Funda wrote:I love all the pictures especially the one of Rex laying in his bowl.
I can never get my skinks to do that!
Would be very cute to see!
Thanks for sharingf.C

SkinkysMom wrote:Funda wrote:I love all the pictures especially the one of Rex laying in his bowl.
I can never get my skinks to do that!
Would be very cute to see!
Thanks for sharingf.C
Thanks...I love showing off my babies![]()
A few of my babies do that...but the one doing it in the pic is actually Olive my Merauke.
f.C
SkinkysMom wrote:SailleSkinklover wrote:Poor Raptor! Is it a possibility that he just breates noisily, (you know, like those mouth-breathing people whose noses are always stopped up from allergies or whatever? Or maybe they just like breathing through their mouths, I dunno!I'm a nose-breather myself. . . )
Or did the vet actually find something that you guys just can't seem to pinpoint?
By the way, Rex looks HUGE! What a chunka-lunk of love!
Rex is 20 inches and 850g...He has actually dropped weight, he used to weigh 920g.
He is my big cuddle baby![]()
Raptor definately has a problem...just not sure what.
The vet says he is stumped...and my vet is very good.

Zach wrote:SkinkysMom wrote:SailleSkinklover wrote:Poor Raptor! Is it a possibility that he just breates noisily, (you know, like those mouth-breathing people whose noses are always stopped up from allergies or whatever? Or maybe they just like breathing through their mouths, I dunno!I'm a nose-breather myself. . . )
Or did the vet actually find something that you guys just can't seem to pinpoint?
By the way, Rex looks HUGE! What a chunka-lunk of love!
Rex is 20 inches and 850g...He has actually dropped weight, he used to weigh 920g.
He is my big cuddle baby![]()
Raptor definately has a problem...just not sure what.
The vet says he is stumped...and my vet is very good.
What sort of sounds does Raptor make exactly? TQ (my tanimbar) breathes differently than the rest...he even whistles loudly thru his nostrils.
Thanks SO MUCH for the Rex pictures! I've never seen a BTS with a nose as blunt as his. He's so cool; I want to meet him one day.



SailleSkinklover wrote:How old is Raptor, and also, does anybody smoke in your household?


mom22wins wrote:Just curious, Have you had Raptor all his life? Or did he have a previous owner that may have kept him in a cedar enclosure? I ask because I just learned (from Kyle) that Cedar is way bad for the respiratory system of skinks.
Di
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 133 guests