Page 1 of 1

Lots of pics...DUW

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:16 pm
by SkinkysMom
A couple of Rex
Image

Image

Image

Image

A couple of Olive
Image

Image

Image

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:22 pm
by SailleSkinklover
I LOVE the one of Olive snoozing in the water bowl! That is too cute! :cloud9:

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:25 pm
by SkinkysMom
And Raptor!
He has been sick now for about a year...the vet thinks he might have a respiratory defect that has gotten worse as he's aged.
He is eating great, gaining weight ( he weighs 452g), and has good color.
The vet is really stumped :(
Image

BTW...we have tried antibiotics, holistic medicine, ect...

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:49 pm
by Dragontears
I keep forgetting that you have a merauke! :love:

Great photos!

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:55 pm
by Marie
Rex is such a stud! Too bad about Raptor. I feel your pain. My vets also think that Popsicle has a respiratory defect. Basically, she has a really strange breathing pattern. They have tried every treatment, and nothing has been successful. After being on meds for an extended period of time, we were a little concerned that the medications were being hard on her organs. So, we made the decision to stop them. She has been drug free for over two years. She still has that strange breathing pattern, but otherwise she appears comfortable. She eats well and is very active.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:46 pm
by SkinkysMom
Marie wrote:Rex is such a stud! Too bad about Raptor. I feel your pain. My vets also think that Popsicle has a respiratory defect. Basically, she has a really strange breathing pattern. They have tried every treatment, and nothing has been successful. After being on meds for an extended period of time, we were a little concerned that the medications were being hard on her organs. So, we made the decision to stop them. She has been drug free for over two years. She still has that strange breathing pattern, but otherwise she appears comfortable. She eats well and is very active.


Raptor has been off of antibiotics for about 6 months...They didn't work at all.
Raptor sounds "congested" but in every other way he is fine.
It's been very frustrating for both of us :?

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:12 pm
by SailleSkinklover
Poor Raptor! Is it a possibility that he just breates noisily, (you know, like those mouth-breathing people whose noses are always stopped up from allergies or whatever? Or maybe they just like breathing through their mouths, I dunno! :D I'm a nose-breather myself. . . )
Or did the vet actually find something that you guys just can't seem to pinpoint?
By the way, Rex looks HUGE! What a chunka-lunk of love!

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:23 pm
by Funda
I love all the pictures especially the one of Rex laying in his bowl. :love:
I can never get my skinks to do that!
Would be very cute to see! :cry:

Thanks for sharing

:blueyprint: f.C

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:26 pm
by SkinkysMom
SailleSkinklover wrote:Poor Raptor! Is it a possibility that he just breates noisily, (you know, like those mouth-breathing people whose noses are always stopped up from allergies or whatever? Or maybe they just like breathing through their mouths, I dunno! :D I'm a nose-breather myself. . . )
Or did the vet actually find something that you guys just can't seem to pinpoint?
By the way, Rex looks HUGE! What a chunka-lunk of love!


Rex is 20 inches and 850g...He has actually dropped weight, he used to weigh 920g.
He is my big cuddle baby :)

Raptor definately has a problem...just not sure what.
The vet says he is stumped...and my vet is very good.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:29 pm
by SkinkysMom
Funda wrote:I love all the pictures especially the one of Rex laying in his bowl. :love:
I can never get my skinks to do that!
Would be very cute to see! :cry:

Thanks for sharing

:blueyprint: f.C

Thanks...I love showing off my babies :D
A few of my babies do that...but the one doing it in the pic is actually Olive my Merauke.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:31 pm
by Funda
SkinkysMom wrote:
Funda wrote:I love all the pictures especially the one of Rex laying in his bowl. :love:
I can never get my skinks to do that!
Would be very cute to see! :cry:

Thanks for sharing

:blueyprint: f.C

Thanks...I love showing off my babies :D
A few of my babies do that...but the one doing it in the pic is actually Olive my Merauke.


Oh..well olive is just as adorable :lol:

:blueyprint: f.C

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:03 am
by Zach
SkinkysMom wrote:
SailleSkinklover wrote:Poor Raptor! Is it a possibility that he just breates noisily, (you know, like those mouth-breathing people whose noses are always stopped up from allergies or whatever? Or maybe they just like breathing through their mouths, I dunno! :D I'm a nose-breather myself. . . )
Or did the vet actually find something that you guys just can't seem to pinpoint?
By the way, Rex looks HUGE! What a chunka-lunk of love!


Rex is 20 inches and 850g...He has actually dropped weight, he used to weigh 920g.
He is my big cuddle baby :)

Raptor definately has a problem...just not sure what.
The vet says he is stumped...and my vet is very good.



What sort of sounds does Raptor make exactly? TQ (my tanimbar) breathes differently than the rest...he even whistles loudly thru his nostrils.


Thanks SO MUCH for the Rex pictures! I've never seen a BTS with a nose as blunt as his. He's so cool; I want to meet him one day.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:56 am
by SkinkysMom
Zach wrote:
SkinkysMom wrote:
SailleSkinklover wrote:Poor Raptor! Is it a possibility that he just breates noisily, (you know, like those mouth-breathing people whose noses are always stopped up from allergies or whatever? Or maybe they just like breathing through their mouths, I dunno! :D I'm a nose-breather myself. . . )
Or did the vet actually find something that you guys just can't seem to pinpoint?
By the way, Rex looks HUGE! What a chunka-lunk of love!


Rex is 20 inches and 850g...He has actually dropped weight, he used to weigh 920g.
He is my big cuddle baby :)

Raptor definately has a problem...just not sure what.
The vet says he is stumped...and my vet is very good.



What sort of sounds does Raptor make exactly? TQ (my tanimbar) breathes differently than the rest...he even whistles loudly thru his nostrils.


Thanks SO MUCH for the Rex pictures! I've never seen a BTS with a nose as blunt as his. He's so cool; I want to meet him one day.


He sounds like he has an RI, he will also seem to gasp at times.
Like I said it's been a year of this, very frustrating :(

Your welcom for REX pics, he just shed and looks so pretty :D

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:20 am
by LittleFoot
nice pictures. :)

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:10 am
by SailleSkinklover
How old is Raptor, and also, does anybody smoke in your household?

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:36 pm
by SkinkysMom
SailleSkinklover wrote:How old is Raptor, and also, does anybody smoke in your household?


Raptor is 2yrs old.
No smokers in my home.
We don't use any air "fresheners" (Perfumes give me headaches)
So basically a fragrance free home.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:47 pm
by mom22wins
Just curious, Have you had Raptor all his life? Or did he have a previous owner that may have kept him in a cedar enclosure? I ask because I just learned (from Kyle) that Cedar is way bad for the respiratory system of skinks.

Di

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:01 pm
by SkinkysMom
mom22wins wrote:Just curious, Have you had Raptor all his life? Or did he have a previous owner that may have kept him in a cedar enclosure? I ask because I just learned (from Kyle) that Cedar is way bad for the respiratory system of skinks.

Di


I got Raptor as a baby from Ray.