Sammy's New Enclosure

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Sammy's New Enclosure

Postby mom22wins » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:44 pm

I finally got Sammy's new enclosure. Well, I had purchased this styrofoam background for it so I put that in but something told me not to attach it so I just set it in there wedged in pretty secure against the sides and back of the cage. Sure enough, I look over and there's Sammy perched at the top of the styrofoam wall up near the basking light. She had climbed the wall! Not cool. :?

Needless to say, the background came out. Now it looks kinda plain with just the wood. But I think it's growing on me.

Here are some pic's before and after I took the background out.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I'm really happy with her new home and I think she is too. :D Do you think Bluey's grow bigger/faster if they have a large enclosure vs. a smaller one?

Oh, and by the way, this tank doesn't have the sliders on the front. It has a glass door that opens. This has really helped make it easier to get Sammy out without scaring her. I think the sliding glass doors just scared her too much. She would run from me before. Now she is coming right out. 8)
User avatar
kris21
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:59 am
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby kris21 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:58 pm

It looks great, with and without the background. Her safety is more important than anything so if she got up near the light thats a no no....little bugger they can be :)

Kristy
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:55 am

That looks excellent! What type of latch is that? Almost looks like a key lock...

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
eloc
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:10 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby eloc » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:55 am

That looks really great. Where did you get it from?
Did you make it?
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:28 am

Her safety is more important than anything so if she got up near the light thats a no no....little bugger they can be
I could not agree more! She has some ingenuity, I'll give her that! :lol:

That looks excellent! What type of latch is that? Almost looks like a key lock...
Hey Zach! Here is a closer pic of the latch. It's not a key lock. It's a round metal piece with a groove. You rotate it and it fits in the hook part of the top piece. Not a great picture but here it is.

Image

That looks really great. Where did you get it from?
Did you make it?
No, I didn't make it but it was hand made. I see some imperfections but overall I'm very pleased with my purchase. Here's the link to the online site I got it from. A little expensive but I think it was well worth the convenience.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-REPTILE-CAGES- ... otohosting
User avatar
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 6:03 pm
Country:
Location: Philippines

Postby Drew » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:00 am

looks great!!!
i wish i could buy your old one! heheh
** true blooded Filipino herper!!! **
JWSR
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
Country:
Location: Henderson, Kentucky

Postby JWSR » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:48 am

Beautiful cage! :2thumbs: I bet she really enjoys exploring all the room she has now! :hyper:
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 am

Zach wrote:That looks excellent! What type of latch is that? Almost looks like a key lock...


The latch is a window "lock".
Brad
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:27 am

Thanks for the comments. :D I think I'm getting way to carried away here. lol I just cleaned up an old bird feeder and created a gazebo for her. I glued flowers and moss to it. I think she likes it. She climbed inside a few times and hid in it under the carefresh. :D I also put her basking tile up so now she can climb under it.

Here are some pic's.
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

wow!

Postby aggiegirl » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:49 am

That new enclosure looks great! I love the background but I agree that safety is definitely priority number one. Keep it though. As Sammy gets bigger, she will be a less skilled climber and you might be able to use it! I was laughing at the birdhouse. You are definitely the most creative bluey decorator on this site! My poor blueys' enclosures are so dull. They could definitely use an interior decorator like you! Glad Sammy likes that door better too. Lucky little bluey!!!! She must think it is Christmas! 8)
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 am

Thanks Kathy! :) I think I enjoyed making it more than she enjoys climbing in it. lol She prefers snuggling under her basking tile now that I raised it a bit.
:roll:
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Everything looks great!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
mewzic-7123
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:27 pm
Country:
Location: B.C Canada

Postby mewzic-7123 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:40 pm

great new tank! wat are the demensions?
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:52 pm

The dims are 42 x 18 x 18
User avatar
SkinkysMom
Righteous Rex
Righteous Rex
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:06 am
Country:
Location: Fl

Postby SkinkysMom » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:26 pm

It's beautiful, Sammy is a very lucky skink.
1.0.1 Rex & Cariño - Irian Jaya Blue Tongue
1.0.0 Vanilla - Northern
1.0.0 Raptor - Tanimbar
1.0.0 Kilowatt - Indonesian
1.0.0 Olive - Merauke

0.0.1 Schniders Skink - Skinky
1.0.0 Ball Python - NocE (knock E)
0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn - Dreamsicle
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:39 pm

Awww! Thanks.... :edward:
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Postby Richard.C » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:05 am

i agree,it looks great,looks like one happy camper bluey in there as well,nice one
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 am

Okay, here's the only pic she would let me take before she was back to snoozing in her new bed. :lol:

Image

What a pampered little girl! :cloud9:
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

cute

Postby aggiegirl » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:30 pm

She looks so comfy in there! You'd better watch it or you are going to have a little diva! :wink:
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:59 am

I think it may be too late... :wink:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 173 guests