Page 1 of 1

Sammy's New Enclosure

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:44 pm
by mom22wins
I finally got Sammy's new enclosure. Well, I had purchased this styrofoam background for it so I put that in but something told me not to attach it so I just set it in there wedged in pretty secure against the sides and back of the cage. Sure enough, I look over and there's Sammy perched at the top of the styrofoam wall up near the basking light. She had climbed the wall! Not cool. :?

Needless to say, the background came out. Now it looks kinda plain with just the wood. But I think it's growing on me.

Here are some pic's before and after I took the background out.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I'm really happy with her new home and I think she is too. :D Do you think Bluey's grow bigger/faster if they have a large enclosure vs. a smaller one?

Oh, and by the way, this tank doesn't have the sliders on the front. It has a glass door that opens. This has really helped make it easier to get Sammy out without scaring her. I think the sliding glass doors just scared her too much. She would run from me before. Now she is coming right out. 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:58 pm
by kris21
It looks great, with and without the background. Her safety is more important than anything so if she got up near the light thats a no no....little bugger they can be :)

Kristy

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:55 am
by Zach
That looks excellent! What type of latch is that? Almost looks like a key lock...

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:55 am
by eloc
That looks really great. Where did you get it from?
Did you make it?

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:28 am
by mom22wins
Her safety is more important than anything so if she got up near the light thats a no no....little bugger they can be
I could not agree more! She has some ingenuity, I'll give her that! :lol:

That looks excellent! What type of latch is that? Almost looks like a key lock...
Hey Zach! Here is a closer pic of the latch. It's not a key lock. It's a round metal piece with a groove. You rotate it and it fits in the hook part of the top piece. Not a great picture but here it is.

Image

That looks really great. Where did you get it from?
Did you make it?
No, I didn't make it but it was hand made. I see some imperfections but overall I'm very pleased with my purchase. Here's the link to the online site I got it from. A little expensive but I think it was well worth the convenience.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-REPTILE-CAGES- ... otohosting

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:00 am
by Drew
looks great!!!
i wish i could buy your old one! heheh

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:48 am
by JWSR
Beautiful cage! :2thumbs: I bet she really enjoys exploring all the room she has now! :hyper:

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 am
by Bird_Brain
Zach wrote:That looks excellent! What type of latch is that? Almost looks like a key lock...


The latch is a window "lock".

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:27 am
by mom22wins
Thanks for the comments. :D I think I'm getting way to carried away here. lol I just cleaned up an old bird feeder and created a gazebo for her. I glued flowers and moss to it. I think she likes it. She climbed inside a few times and hid in it under the carefresh. :D I also put her basking tile up so now she can climb under it.

Here are some pic's.
Image
Image
Image
Image

wow!

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:49 am
by aggiegirl
That new enclosure looks great! I love the background but I agree that safety is definitely priority number one. Keep it though. As Sammy gets bigger, she will be a less skilled climber and you might be able to use it! I was laughing at the birdhouse. You are definitely the most creative bluey decorator on this site! My poor blueys' enclosures are so dull. They could definitely use an interior decorator like you! Glad Sammy likes that door better too. Lucky little bluey!!!! She must think it is Christmas! 8)

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 am
by mom22wins
Thanks Kathy! :) I think I enjoyed making it more than she enjoys climbing in it. lol She prefers snuggling under her basking tile now that I raised it a bit.
:roll:

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:21 pm
by Jenn
Everything looks great!

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:40 pm
by mewzic-7123
great new tank! wat are the demensions?

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:52 pm
by mom22wins
The dims are 42 x 18 x 18

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:26 pm
by SkinkysMom
It's beautiful, Sammy is a very lucky skink.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:39 pm
by mom22wins
Awww! Thanks.... :edward:

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:05 am
by Richard.C
i agree,it looks great,looks like one happy camper bluey in there as well,nice one

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 am
by mom22wins
Okay, here's the only pic she would let me take before she was back to snoozing in her new bed. :lol:

Image

What a pampered little girl! :cloud9:

cute

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:30 pm
by aggiegirl
She looks so comfy in there! You'd better watch it or you are going to have a little diva! :wink:

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:59 am
by mom22wins
I think it may be too late... :wink: