Page 1 of 1
Kona arrived safe and sound!
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:49 pm
by eloc
After our sleepless night, Kona arrived safely this morning around 9:30.
My son, who rarely gets out of bed early, was up and dressed and outside waiting for the UPS guy at 8:30.
When we opened her bag, she happily came out and crawled right over to the water, took a few drinks and then crawled into the water dish, swam a bit and then explored her new house. A little while later she came over by us and crawled right into my hand. We cut a grape up in little pieces and she ate it all right out of our hands.
She is so sweet and friendly. We love her to pieces already.
A picture of my son bringing Kona back from the UPS truck and pictures of Kona right after she crawled out of the bag!
Thanks so much Zach and Holly for taking such great care of her and for such a wonderful addition to our family. We promise we'll take the best care of her!
Officially now a blue owner!
Amy

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:05 pm
by LittleFoot
Awwww she is a cutie. Congrats on your new little one, I love her color
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:33 pm
by JWSR
Congrats!!

She's beautiful! Very good shots!

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 pm
by SkinkysMom
Pretty baby

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:52 pm
by Drew
great shots!
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:06 pm
by Dragontears
You are officially welcomed to the bluey addiction. Better start rearranging furniture for your next cage now!

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:39 pm
by Tattoo
Beautiful Baby

! Congrats. Isn't it awful waiting and worrying while they are in the mail? It's such an incredible relief when they arrive safe and sound. Best of luck.
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:47 pm
by Felmarg
Wow! He let you take pics of him right away? Mine was pretty angy when I finally got him out of the bag. Didn't let me touch him for a day and a half. I remember waiting for my skink, and tracking him every 20 min. It is such a relief when they arrive safe!
Well, congratulations on being a new skink owner!
Felmarg
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:36 pm
by kris21
Beautiful photos of a beautiful skink!
Good one of your son too, he looks happy knowing whats inside the box
Kristy
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:59 pm
by Damiano
cuuutttiiieeee
magnificent skink!!
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:45 pm
by Funda
I love kona's colour!!
Looks like a beautiful skink..
Its great that he just walked right out of that bag wasnt it!
Best of luck with him

f.C
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:03 pm
by eloc
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments!!
We've have been so giddy and happy all day.
We are soooo lucky to have her.
We went out to eat and we came back and haven't seen her roaming in the tank so she must have herself buried pretty good getting a good night sleep after the long trip.
My almost two year old is walking around sticking his tongue in and out and in and out saying, "Kona, Kona." It is so cute.
We'll all sleep great tonight!
Amy
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:01 am
by Zach
So glad she's there safe!
I'll be back Sunday late, so won't be able to check messages till then.
Wonderful shots too already....thanks again..

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:20 am
by mom22wins
So happy for you! I loved the excitement of receiving my baby bluey!
The ones that have been sent out lately seem to be more calm with their new owners. I think it's cause their older...
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:35 pm
by SailleSkinklover
Kona is so adorable! I love the pic of her drinking. Cute little snout!

so sweet
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:33 pm
by aggiegirl
I have a half-sibling from Peach and Nikko. I'm not being partial or anything when I say you have a GORGEOUS baby there. I'm sure Kona is sweet because of all the extra TLC that Zach and Holly gave her! I got to meet with another bluey owner today and her babies were fiestier than Charlotte was at the same age. They also were not eating their veggies as well. I'm not saying that I'm disappointed about not experiencing the "fiesty baby" stage or the "I don't want my veggies" stage but I am shocked how easy having a baby has been. Zach and Holly did a good job teaching our babies to have "nice manners!"

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:36 pm
by eloc
You are so right, aggiegirl! Kona has been a dream. Granted it is only day two with her but she is just so dang sweet! She ate all of her veggies today as well. My kids have handled her today and she just laid there sooo calmly and let them pet her....she love having under her chin rubbed. She is very responsive to us calling her name and talking to her.
It is so obvious that Zach and Holly took very good care of her and gave her lots of loving!