Page 1 of 1

Manitoba Reptile Expo Sept 29

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:10 pm
by Fatal_S
Yes, Manitoba is once again having the reptile expo!!!
http://www.themrbe.com/index.html
I will definately be there from 10 to as late as I can go! I have a wedding (my older sister) to go to at 6, so I probably can't stay the whole day, but darnit I'll try my best. I promise to take my camera and get tonns of pictures. Maybe I'll even manage to find me another friend there ^.^ If anyone will be around, tell me, and maybe we can say hi.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:15 am
by Brigget
where is manitoba???

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 am
by Kasey
Omg, I wish i was close enough. I have yet to be to a reptile show. :/

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:35 am
by Fatal_S
Manitoba is in Canada. We're the middle of Canada right above MN and ND. The show here is not huge, but we have about a dozen vendors, and it gets bigger every year. We get tonns of beardies, some iguanas, lots of corns and kings and milks and balls, and many of the other common lizards. But we also get some really special ones sometimes. This year I'll be grabbing some feeders, maybe a gecko or chameleon for a friend, and I'll be looking for any blueys or pink tongue skinks.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:35 am
by Leigh
Go steady as I've found that chameleons dont make for friendly pets like Blueys, they're more of a watcher pet.

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:53 pm
by SailleSkinklover
Agreed, Chameleons are really cute, but hard to keep. Definitly for an advanced Herp enthusiast. Crested Geckos or Leos , though common, are great fun and very tolerant of handling.
Have fun at your Expo! Take pics and post 'em!
Saille

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:00 pm
by LittleFoot
I had two veiled chamelions that were really sweet...they used to hang out on top of the curtain rods and would eat from your hands....the hardest thing is that they don't drink from dishes, you need a drip system set up for them, and they are awesome climbers....to bad I had them before digital cameras, they were gorgeous.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:00 am
by Leigh
Mine never became really tame, he'd sit on your hand, and get spooked by a finger of the same hand, then CHOMP, he'd latch on and bite down harder and harder until he felt like letting go, and man they can put some force into it for a smallish jaw.Beautifull to watch, the colours changed in a split second, truely amazing.