Page 1 of 1

Parasite types

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:47 am
by SailleSkinklover
Just an FYI for the general forum and BTS website:
Chuff Chuff had two types of internal parasite, Hookworms, and a nemetode called oxyurates. I couldn't find anything online about oxyurates, other than that they are a type of microscopic nemetode worm.
Panacur was prescribed to get rid of Chuff's parasites, and it was successful!
Apparently Panacur is effective against various nemetodes.
Anyway, Chuff has a clean bill of health now!
Image
Anybody wanting to learn more can check out this link:
http://www.anapsid.org/parasites.html
Melissa Kaplan is wonderful for her compilations of information relating to Herps and Herp health!

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:36 pm
by DeadEye
Oh poor Baby We get ticks that can drop a wild donkey ....Image


There so close to the ground and slow eat anything in the wild . good news iam gonna do a mate of mine ,he got lost last march and spent the winter out the back ,but he isn,t kicking back so quick ..Iam worried his old mite be parasites..?
thanks for that soon as thet act different , and its not a shed comming on who ya gonna call bug busters :wink:

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:23 pm
by Geoff Gates
I routinely dose my blueys with Panacur.

I was given a large supply from a vet.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:46 pm
by MartinsPerson
What doseage do you use Geoff? I've heard conflicting information about how much to use and at what dilution for preventative measures.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:14 pm
by Geoff Gates
MartinsPerson wrote:What doseage do you use Geoff? I've heard conflicting information about how much to use and at what dilution for preventative measures.


Panacur doseage....

0.5 ml per kilogram. treat every 6 - 12 mths.

For a known parasite problem.....

Treat once daily for 5 days then repeat in 2 weeks.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:18 pm
by Brainerror
I love meraukes salmon pink noses

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:40 pm
by SailleSkinklover
I gave Chuff 0.28 ml 1x/day for 3 days on, then 10 days off, then again for 3 days on, 10 day s off, and the last time 3 days on, then he was done. It seemed to have done the trick, but I'm 98% sure that he was a wild caught pet store Merauke that I eventually ended up rescuing. Here in the states, I doubt there'll be much need to keep him on a preventative regime, unless I let him eat dog poop or other unsavory items!

We do have ticks here, but, Thank the Gods, not the evil deadly disgusting ones you guys have in Oz.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:22 pm
by Zach
Unsavory items. :lol: