Page 1 of 1

Bindi Update

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:16 pm
by JWSR
I may have mis-spoke when I said, in Irwin's update post, that Bindi wasn't growing at as fast a rate as Irwin has been.

I weighed and measured him yesterday, and to my surprise, he's doing just as well. He's 2 months-10 days old, 12.68" long, and weighs 161 gr. I think it's because I'm seeing him and Irwin both every day and not noticing Bindi's growth because of the size of Irwin.

I'll get some new pics up as soon as I can.

Anyone think it would be relatively safe to put them both near each other to shoot some pics of them together. Of course I'd be ready to separate if either decided to chomp, but would I be fast enough? I wouldn't want any damage done to either. What's your experience with this?

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:34 pm
by Jenn
You should be okay. I would see how the react together first and if things are find, then I would step back with the camera.

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:50 pm
by bone crusher bobtail
Sure get good sunlight behind you outdoors make the pics look tops , why do yours fight or is this incase ?

As a rule most bitting is done in the heat of breeding season , goodluck sure yule be fine Image
Hey you guys seen these at pet shops clay fired stumpies . They are easy to photograph i would think .Just sit in the ferns and smile :drool:

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:52 am
by Zach
Jenn wrote:You should be okay. I would see how the react together first and if things are find, then I would step back with the camera.



Agreed!


Bone Crusher -- those are really neat...I thought it was real at first...

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:18 am
by JWSR
It's a "just in case," bone crusher. I've just always had the habit of never putting any different species, or even sub-species together for any reason. That way I know nothing unexpected can happen. Just a precaution.

Well then, I'll give it a shot so you can really see a difference in these two guys! :D

Thank you all for your advice! :)

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:53 pm
by Zach
:goodluck:

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:38 am
by Leigh
bone crusher bobtail wrote:Sure get good sunlight behind you outdoors make the pics look tops , why do yours fight or is this incase ?

As a rule most bitting is done in the heat of breeding season , goodluck sure yule be fine Image
Hey you guys seen these at pet shops clay fired stumpies . They are easy to photograph i would think .Just sit in the ferns and smile :drool:


You must have a long wait for a tongue shot mate, hee heee