Page 1 of 2

Big Boy Irwin

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:22 am
by JWSR
Just some new pics, I took yesterday, of Irwin, with a cropped b&w. They grow up so fast! :cry:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:23 am
by mom22wins
I love these pic's! Especially the contrast show with b & w. I've always loved b & w photos... 8)

I love that rock! What is it and where did you find it?

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:33 am
by JWSR
Thanks Diane. My son gets me as much of that rock as I want. He's a signalman tech with CSX Railroad. When they excavate for new track sections at signal locations, they find tons of this stuff. It's like slate, but slightly softer. the last time he visited mom and dad, he brought me almost 100 lbs. of it. He even washes it for me..........good kid! :D (if you can call 35 a kid?! I can!) :roll:

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:27 am
by Tattoo
O.K. the rock is nice but I like Irwin better! :lovestruck: :wink:

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:21 am
by Hijinks
YEAH!!!

When Ping has his back turned, I sneak away and look at pictures of Irwin. :lovestruck:

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:08 pm
by LittleFoot
WOW, I love that black and white photo, i would enlarge it and hang it up, he looks so adorable and handsome in it.

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:14 pm
by JWSR
Ooops, forgot the Irwin mosaic! I'll just edit it in. :D

Thanks for all the comments.

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:02 pm
by Zach
:thumbs:

Those mosaics are so cool..

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:18 am
by Leigh
Nice photos there buddy,what did you use for the mosaic, bluey photos or totally random shot?

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:39 am
by Funda
Nice pics!
I like the picture of your skinks eye in the black and white photo :love:


:blueyprint: f.C

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:49 am
by Jenn
He's so handsome!!!!! He looks like he knows it too.

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:05 am
by russman
Ya know.. I never really appreciated the lighter colored skinks until recently. Now I think they are exquisite. Irwin is a sure looker.. watch out ladies.

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:15 am
by ktaylor
Nice pics. :banana2:

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:56 am
by JWSR
Thanks again for all the nice comments! :)

Yes Jenn, he knows it! Just isn't so willing to share it on camera. But he's getting better about it. :D

Leigh, those are all random images that came with the program. This is a close crop of just his eye area in the full size mosaic. It shows the variety of colors and comopositions that it takes to match to all the areas of the photo you're doing.
Image

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:35 pm
by Zach
It's crazy how the program does that and knows where to put certain colors in certain pictures together to make one big picture. :tired:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:15 am
by JWSR
Zach wrote:It's crazy how the program does that and knows where to put certain colors in certain pictures together to make one big picture. :tired:


Ain't it though?! And it does the entire thing from start to finish in less than 2 minutes. :noknow:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:56 am
by russman
Yeah, it would be sweet if the program would search the internet for the pictures it needs. Then it could do just about a perfect match for every location in the picture and get the colors just right.

Course then you might have miniature porn in your mosaic.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:34 am
by Hijinks
russman wrote:Yeah, it would be sweet if the program would search the internet for the pictures it needs. Then it could do just about a perfect match for every location in the picture and get the colors just right.

Course then you might have miniature porn in your mosaic.


There is one that will use Google Images and Flickr as a source. It's for OS X though! :hurl:

http://homepage.mac.com/knarf/MacOSaiX/

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:31 pm
by Zach
russman wrote:Yeah, it would be sweet if the program would search the internet for the pictures it needs. Then it could do just about a perfect match for every location in the picture and get the colors just right.

Course then you might have miniature porn in your mosaic.




:lol: yeah, I was going to say might end up with a few surprises.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32 pm
by russman
Hijinks wrote:
russman wrote:Yeah, it would be sweet if the program would search the internet for the pictures it needs. Then it could do just about a perfect match for every location in the picture and get the colors just right.

Course then you might have miniature porn in your mosaic.


There is one that will use Google Images and Flickr as a source. It's for OS X though! :hurl:

http://homepage.mac.com/knarf/MacOSaiX/


My next computer is going to be a Mac. So much more stable and better with graphics and audio!