OFF-TOPIC THREAD 8

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
NomadOfTheHills
The Scout
The Scout
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
Country:

Postby NomadOfTheHills » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Thats a bull terrier for ya :thumbs:
User avatar
Jacki
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm
Country:
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Postby Jacki » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:34 pm

They're definitely strong-willed, and Bull-headed....but seriously OUCH! Poor thing. :(
1.0 Merauke "Beau"
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:56 pm

I recon some tuff Dog ...The guy that posted it to me and said look what this PIT bull has done , i said 1 its a bully , and the porcupine is a bit bald , but my word , the mouth and tongue was full of quills or spines ..

Rugged Pup :cowboy:
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
Shadowfax
Hummingbird Spirit
Hummingbird Spirit
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:43 pm
Country:
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Shadowfax » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:00 pm

So apparently poor pup is a slow learner........the first 200 pokes didn't make him stop... :roll:
German Shepherd/Collie -- Smokey
Appendix Quarter Horse -- Solaris
Cats -- Jasper and New Kitty (Nemo is never forgotten, RIP special boy)
Irian Jaya BTS -- Maya
Crested Gecko -- Miko
NomadOfTheHills
The Scout
The Scout
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
Country:

Postby NomadOfTheHills » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:44 am

Smart, just stubborn :D
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Yeesh. :tired:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
bluetonguemad
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Country:
Location: New Zealand, windy wellington

Postby bluetonguemad » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:49 pm

anywho i figured out why my pay check didnt go through all....they read my tax number wrong and somehow decided it was my fault, so i took in my number and now theyve gone and lost my bank number

:nono: if i wasnt a gentle, forgiving person i would have gone off my rocker at them in the store but i really couldnt care less, just means i get payed what looks like a bigger amount on thursday lol
"whats that little voice? you want to jump?"ÿes matt i want to jump""jump where voice?""right into your pocket of magical dreams":P
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:46 am

We came *this* close to adopting this beautiful boy at a fair day run annually by a local group called Hunter Animal Rescue. He was a cruelty case they'd received. He had been dumped, was emaciated and scarred from a very brutal life. He is only three years old, but acted like a much older dog. He is pure bred, but the microchip only traced back to the breeder, who had moved and was unable to be traced.

This is Axel after months in HAR foster care, with plenty of love, medical treatment and a lot of fattening up. The t-shirt is one that most of the foster dogs were wearing, that said things like "HAR saved me" and "Adopt Me"

Image

Without HAR, he would have probably been put down, because of his poor condition, and because of the attitude in the community towards breeds like bull terriers. HAR rescues and rehabilitates animals, and fosters them until they find an adoptive family, whether that takes weeks, months or years.

http://www.hunteranimalrescue.com.au/

P.S. 'Mikki' who's featuring on the front page of the HAR website at the moment was another dog we got to meet.
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:12 am

Awww.. what a cute bull terrier !!
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:02 am

Bull Terriers are my absolute favorite dog breed. Was going to get one instead of my bouvier, but the apartment complex has a breed restriction and wouldnt allow it :( But I am glad that I didnt get one as with college and a BT being a very high energy dog, I will wait until I graduate to get one.
Brad
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:47 am

I had 1 that poped cats heads ..like bird seed ..ummm Yere he killed any cat that tried to run the gauntlet across ,our back yard .The JAW power ...Then when my wife had the baby , i used him as a pig dog with the breast plates , full kit ...He would just jump of the truck hook the biggest boars by the ear , and spin them round ...But he was to big and heavey 90 kilo easy, so a mate took him ....This big shingle i have now might have the same bite power HAHAHAH ...nar she is a sweety :ohyes:...Hey got some great out door cages with doors really well made on wheels 66$ to hire a trailer , some a 3 meters long by 2 meters wide , on wheels doors , nice score .pics l8tr 3 all up :ohyes:


Image
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:01 pm

reptileking wrote:Bull Terriers are my absolute favorite dog breed. Was going to get one instead of my bouvier, but the apartment complex has a breed restriction and wouldnt allow it :( But I am glad that I didnt get one as with college and a BT being a very high energy dog, I will wait until I graduate to get one.


You would have loved Axel. He was getting all this fuss and dog treats, and just lapping it up. He was obviously getting a good feed at his foster mum's place, because he was nice and rounded out, no sign of the starvation on him. You could see this sad look in his eyes that he'd had a hard time, but he really was a gentle giant that still wanted to take a chance on humans despite his terrible start at life. That photo I put up was one Wallflower Girl took of him - she took it while he was yawning, because most of the other shots, unless he was panting he looked so darn sad it'd make you cry. :cry:
Ruth

--------



Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams

and

Tye - 173 grams

(Four-month-old Easterns)
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:44 pm

Reptscue wrote:New tarantula alert!!!!!!!!!





:woo: I finally got back and got to read some posts! Great looking additions!

We separated 135 slings from the mamma huntsman today. She still has a few left that we haven't separated yet. :sweat:
User avatar
Jacki
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm
Country:
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Postby Jacki » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:32 pm

reptileking wrote:Bull Terriers are my absolute favorite dog breed. Was going to get one instead of my bouvier, but the apartment complex has a breed restriction and wouldnt allow it :( But I am glad that I didnt get one as with college and a BT being a very high energy dog, I will wait until I graduate to get one.


I think breed restrictions/bans are 2 of the topics that get under my skin so seriously that I want to scream. I get so tired of people looking at Ti (my dobe) and pulling their kids out of his reach saying "Don't touch him!" :roll: Some of the breeds that get the worst wraps can make the most amazing family pets. Now..the new chihuahua I adopted may be a force to be reckoned with...haha.
1.0 Merauke "Beau"
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:27 pm

Image

Moo.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:31 am

We will fight for
Bovine freedom
And hold our large heads high
We will run free
With the buffalo
Or diiiiii-iiiie

Cows with Guns...

:edward:
Ruth

--------



Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams

and

Tye - 173 grams

(Four-month-old Easterns)
User avatar
Arkangel
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am
Country:
Location: Jersey Devil Pinelands

Postby Arkangel » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:52 am

Oh thanks! After two years I finally got that song out of my head. Now it's back. :heated:

:rofl:
Kristine
Bluebird Acres Farm
Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog

Artemis on MySpace


When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
Cree Prophecy.
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:32 am

mouseinmilkbottle wrote:You would have loved Axel. He was getting all this fuss and dog treats, and just lapping it up. He was obviously getting a good feed at his foster mum's place, because he was nice and rounded out, no sign of the starvation on him. You could see this sad look in his eyes that he'd had a hard time, but he really was a gentle giant that still wanted to take a chance on humans despite his terrible start at life. That photo I put up was one Wallflower Girl took of him - she took it while he was yawning, because most of the other shots, unless he was panting he looked so darn sad it'd make

I am very sure I would have loved him! There is just something about their face that I love, be it the huge ears, small beady eyes, or the awesome roman nose. One day I will own a bull terrier. Ok, lets be honest, one day I will own multiple bull terriers ;)
Jacki wrote:I think breed restrictions/bans are 2 of the topics that get under my skin so seriously that I want to scream. I get so tired of people looking at Ti (my dobe) and pulling their kids out of his reach saying "Don't touch him!" Rolling Eyes Some of the breeds that get the worst wraps can make the most amazing family pets. Now..the new chihuahua I adopted may be a force to be reckoned with...haha.

Yes I was very upset. I tried to talk them into it, explaining that I am going to college to become a vet, have worked at a vet clinic for 3years, will sign a contract saying that I will take the dog to "x" amount of dog obedience classes, and that I do not put up with aggressive dogs. I have to deal with them all day at work and I would not put up with it in my home, but they didnt budge.

But then once we moved in, the complex was sold to another company that doesnt have a breed restriction, so I could have gotten the Bull Terrier anyways. Oh well. I love the dog I have now.

I too am very against the breed restrictions/bans. People are so ignorant! When I am walking my bouvier, people do the same thing and either go WAY around us or even cross the street.

BTW, I LOVE dobis! They are one of the best family dogs and I believe it is safe to say it is one of the best dogs period!
Brad
User avatar
Jacki
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm
Country:
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Postby Jacki » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:40 am

and I LOVE Bouviers...I've never been around one, but I think they're beautiful. Ti is the first Dobe i've ever had and I wouldn't trade him for the world...he's so easy going, smart, and lovable. I took him to the vet clinic a friend of mine works at last week to meet a dog I was thinking about adopting and I walked in the door and a little girl...maybe 5 yrs old, looks at her mom and goes "Mommy, there's a mean dog!" Argh, I wanted to scream! I should have made him wear his delta society vest or something. haha
1.0 Merauke "Beau"
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:49 am

Frogwatch nets a cane toad the size of small dog!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070327/ap_ ... nster_toad
Ruth

--------



Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams

and

Tye - 173 grams

(Four-month-old Easterns)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 150 guests