OFF-TOPIC THREAD 8
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
NomadOfTheHills
- The Scout

- Posts: 1342
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
- Country:
- Jacki
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm
- Country:
- Location: San Antonio, Tx
- DeadEye
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 676
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
I recon some tuff Dog ...The guy that posted it to me and said look what this PIT bull has done , i said 1 its a bully , and the porcupine is a bit bald , but my word , the mouth and tongue was full of quills or spines ..
Rugged Pup
Rugged Pup

"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
- Shadowfax
- Hummingbird Spirit

- Posts: 634
- Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: North Carolina
- Contact:
-
NomadOfTheHills
- The Scout

- Posts: 1342
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
- Country:
- Zach
- Grand Cicada

- Posts: 7550
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
- Country:
- Location: Orygun
- Contact:
- bluetonguemad
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 516
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand, windy wellington
anywho i figured out why my pay check didnt go through all....they read my tax number wrong and somehow decided it was my fault, so i took in my number and now theyve gone and lost my bank number
if i wasnt a gentle, forgiving person i would have gone off my rocker at them in the store but i really couldnt care less, just means i get payed what looks like a bigger amount on thursday lol
if i wasnt a gentle, forgiving person i would have gone off my rocker at them in the store but i really couldnt care less, just means i get payed what looks like a bigger amount on thursday lol"whats that little voice? you want to jump?"ÿes matt i want to jump""jump where voice?""right into your pocket of magical dreams":P
- mouseinamilkbottle
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 293
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
- Country:
- Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia
We came *this* close to adopting this beautiful boy at a fair day run annually by a local group called Hunter Animal Rescue. He was a cruelty case they'd received. He had been dumped, was emaciated and scarred from a very brutal life. He is only three years old, but acted like a much older dog. He is pure bred, but the microchip only traced back to the breeder, who had moved and was unable to be traced.
This is Axel after months in HAR foster care, with plenty of love, medical treatment and a lot of fattening up. The t-shirt is one that most of the foster dogs were wearing, that said things like "HAR saved me" and "Adopt Me"
Without HAR, he would have probably been put down, because of his poor condition, and because of the attitude in the community towards breeds like bull terriers. HAR rescues and rehabilitates animals, and fosters them until they find an adoptive family, whether that takes weeks, months or years.
http://www.hunteranimalrescue.com.au/
P.S. 'Mikki' who's featuring on the front page of the HAR website at the moment was another dog we got to meet.
This is Axel after months in HAR foster care, with plenty of love, medical treatment and a lot of fattening up. The t-shirt is one that most of the foster dogs were wearing, that said things like "HAR saved me" and "Adopt Me"
Without HAR, he would have probably been put down, because of his poor condition, and because of the attitude in the community towards breeds like bull terriers. HAR rescues and rehabilitates animals, and fosters them until they find an adoptive family, whether that takes weeks, months or years.
http://www.hunteranimalrescue.com.au/
P.S. 'Mikki' who's featuring on the front page of the HAR website at the moment was another dog we got to meet.
Ruth
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
- Funda
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1551
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
- Country:
- Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
- Contact:
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Bull Terriers are my absolute favorite dog breed. Was going to get one instead of my bouvier, but the apartment complex has a breed restriction and wouldnt allow it
But I am glad that I didnt get one as with college and a BT being a very high energy dog, I will wait until I graduate to get one.
Brad
- DeadEye
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 676
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
I had 1 that poped cats heads ..like bird seed ..ummm Yere he killed any cat that tried to run the gauntlet across ,our back yard .The JAW power ...Then when my wife had the baby , i used him as a pig dog with the breast plates , full kit ...He would just jump of the truck hook the biggest boars by the ear , and spin them round ...But he was to big and heavey 90 kilo easy, so a mate took him ....This big shingle i have now might have the same bite power HAHAHAH ...nar she is a sweety
...Hey got some great out door cages with doors really well made on wheels 66$ to hire a trailer , some a 3 meters long by 2 meters wide , on wheels doors , nice score .pics l8tr 3 all up

...Hey got some great out door cages with doors really well made on wheels 66$ to hire a trailer , some a 3 meters long by 2 meters wide , on wheels doors , nice score .pics l8tr 3 all up

"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
- mouseinamilkbottle
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 293
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
- Country:
- Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia
reptileking wrote:Bull Terriers are my absolute favorite dog breed. Was going to get one instead of my bouvier, but the apartment complex has a breed restriction and wouldnt allow itBut I am glad that I didnt get one as with college and a BT being a very high energy dog, I will wait until I graduate to get one.
You would have loved Axel. He was getting all this fuss and dog treats, and just lapping it up. He was obviously getting a good feed at his foster mum's place, because he was nice and rounded out, no sign of the starvation on him. You could see this sad look in his eyes that he'd had a hard time, but he really was a gentle giant that still wanted to take a chance on humans despite his terrible start at life. That photo I put up was one Wallflower Girl took of him - she took it while he was yawning, because most of the other shots, unless he was panting he looked so darn sad it'd make you cry.
Ruth
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
- Dragontears
- Thousand Teardrops

- Posts: 1505
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
- Country:
- Location: Oregon
- Contact:
- Jacki
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm
- Country:
- Location: San Antonio, Tx
reptileking wrote:Bull Terriers are my absolute favorite dog breed. Was going to get one instead of my bouvier, but the apartment complex has a breed restriction and wouldnt allow itBut I am glad that I didnt get one as with college and a BT being a very high energy dog, I will wait until I graduate to get one.
I think breed restrictions/bans are 2 of the topics that get under my skin so seriously that I want to scream. I get so tired of people looking at Ti (my dobe) and pulling their kids out of his reach saying "Don't touch him!"
1.0 Merauke "Beau"
-
KyleWeiss
- Minister of Propaganda

- Posts: 5015
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
- Country:
- mouseinamilkbottle
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 293
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
- Country:
- Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia
- Arkangel
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 239
- Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am
- Country:
- Location: Jersey Devil Pinelands
Oh thanks! After two years I finally got that song out of my head. Now it's back.


Kristine
Bluebird Acres Farm
Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog
Artemis on MySpace
When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
Cree Prophecy.
Bluebird Acres Farm
Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog
Artemis on MySpace
When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
Cree Prophecy.
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
mouseinmilkbottle wrote:You would have loved Axel. He was getting all this fuss and dog treats, and just lapping it up. He was obviously getting a good feed at his foster mum's place, because he was nice and rounded out, no sign of the starvation on him. You could see this sad look in his eyes that he'd had a hard time, but he really was a gentle giant that still wanted to take a chance on humans despite his terrible start at life. That photo I put up was one Wallflower Girl took of him - she took it while he was yawning, because most of the other shots, unless he was panting he looked so darn sad it'd make
I am very sure I would have loved him! There is just something about their face that I love, be it the huge ears, small beady eyes, or the awesome roman nose. One day I will own a bull terrier. Ok, lets be honest, one day I will own multiple bull terriers
Jacki wrote:I think breed restrictions/bans are 2 of the topics that get under my skin so seriously that I want to scream. I get so tired of people looking at Ti (my dobe) and pulling their kids out of his reach saying "Don't touch him!" Rolling Eyes Some of the breeds that get the worst wraps can make the most amazing family pets. Now..the new chihuahua I adopted may be a force to be reckoned with...haha.
Yes I was very upset. I tried to talk them into it, explaining that I am going to college to become a vet, have worked at a vet clinic for 3years, will sign a contract saying that I will take the dog to "x" amount of dog obedience classes, and that I do not put up with aggressive dogs. I have to deal with them all day at work and I would not put up with it in my home, but they didnt budge.
But then once we moved in, the complex was sold to another company that doesnt have a breed restriction, so I could have gotten the Bull Terrier anyways. Oh well. I love the dog I have now.
I too am very against the breed restrictions/bans. People are so ignorant! When I am walking my bouvier, people do the same thing and either go WAY around us or even cross the street.
BTW, I LOVE dobis! They are one of the best family dogs and I believe it is safe to say it is one of the best dogs period!
Brad
- Jacki
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm
- Country:
- Location: San Antonio, Tx
and I LOVE Bouviers...I've never been around one, but I think they're beautiful. Ti is the first Dobe i've ever had and I wouldn't trade him for the world...he's so easy going, smart, and lovable. I took him to the vet clinic a friend of mine works at last week to meet a dog I was thinking about adopting and I walked in the door and a little girl...maybe 5 yrs old, looks at her mom and goes "Mommy, there's a mean dog!" Argh, I wanted to scream! I should have made him wear his delta society vest or something. haha
1.0 Merauke "Beau"
- mouseinamilkbottle
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 293
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
- Country:
- Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia
Frogwatch nets a cane toad the size of small dog!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070327/ap_ ... nster_toad
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070327/ap_ ... nster_toad
Ruth
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 142 guests


I finally got back and got to read some posts! Great looking additions!

