OFF-TOPIC THREAD 8

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Tigergenesis
The Blue Bayou
The Blue Bayou
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
Country:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Tigergenesis » Sun May 06, 2007 3:37 pm

It was a mini-marathon so it was only 13.1 miles. I didn't run, but rather walked - which is good since my knee surgery and slow rehab (I was only able to walk stairs about 9 months ago).
Image

0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
User avatar
Shadowfax
Hummingbird Spirit
Hummingbird Spirit
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:43 pm
Country:
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Shadowfax » Sun May 06, 2007 4:17 pm

Go you!
German Shepherd/Collie -- Smokey
Appendix Quarter Horse -- Solaris
Cats -- Jasper and New Kitty (Nemo is never forgotten, RIP special boy)
Irian Jaya BTS -- Maya
Crested Gecko -- Miko
User avatar
Tigergenesis
The Blue Bayou
The Blue Bayou
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
Country:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Tigergenesis » Sun May 06, 2007 4:31 pm

Oh yeah, my average time was 15.25 minutes per mile. You had to keep a pace above 18 minutes per mile or they made you drop out. 35000 people registered, but only a little over 29,000 people crossed the finish line.
Image


0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
User avatar
Lura
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 pm
Country:
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby Lura » Sun May 06, 2007 7:43 pm

:woo: Kelly! Congrats!

•1.0.0 Northern BTS (Scout)
•1.0.0 Corn snake (Tucker)
•1.0.0 Western Hognose (Hamlet)
•0.1.0 Ball Python (Sue)
•0.2.0 Rats (Isis and DW)
•1.0.0 Cat (Captain Happy)
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sun May 06, 2007 7:56 pm

:ohyes: :thumbs: :banana: :clap: :clap2: :spot: :bow1: :bow2: :rockon: :banana2: :2thumbs: :gangsta: :workit: :shurg: :heyho: :yes!: :peaceout:




:rofl:
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 am
Country:
Location: SE Queensland Australia

Postby Nature's Gift » Mon May 07, 2007 4:11 am

Lucifer_Spades wrote:who said anything bout that I just use the fact that guys have a much higher center of gravity, use your legs to toss em over a few times and they get the wind knocked out of em them you can do what you like.


If I'm defending myself, a brick anywhere will do. God, I'll even use a gun - I'm not a fighter, but if I can't run, my ethics take a huge hike!
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 am
Country:
Location: SE Queensland Australia

Postby Nature's Gift » Mon May 07, 2007 4:34 am

I'm loving that green thing beside the "who's on line" thing.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Mon May 07, 2007 11:46 am

Dragontears wrote:
Tigergenesis wrote:Where's Edward? I haven't been on much myself and still have a ton of posts to catch up on, but I don't think I've seen him online in a few days.


I was wondering that too...he's been on a couple times, but didn't post anything.



Yeah, I think I've only seen one post in the past week or so....but then I'm not caught up either so I could be wrong! :shock:

How are things with you, K?

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Mon May 07, 2007 11:48 am

Tigergenesis wrote:
Dragontears wrote:oh, Kelly...how did your mini marathon go?


Wow - you have a great memory! I caught a cold a few days before the marathon, but I got rid of most of it by yesterday morning. I was still worried it (or my knee) would cause me problems, but I made it to the finish line and got my medal! :spot: It was great weather and I've already decided to do it again next year. I was sore afterwards of course, but I'm glad I did it. My average time was even better than I had been doing during my training walks.



That's awesome! Poor Kelly, it always seems like you've got the flu or something. :poor:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Tigergenesis
The Blue Bayou
The Blue Bayou
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
Country:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Tigergenesis » Mon May 07, 2007 11:55 am

Zach wrote:That's awesome! Poor Kelly, it always seems like you've got the flu or something. :poor:


I know! LOL
Image


0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Mon May 07, 2007 7:56 pm

Calling all members from the Chicago area!

My family is coming to visit me here in Oregon this summer, but they are traveling via train and they have a really long layover in Chicago (I think they arrive about 9am and leave at 2pm). Since they are going to be around for so long, I figured they could get a taxi and head out to see something fun in the city for a few hours rather than sit at the station until they shoot themselves from boredom. However, I have no idea what to recommend to them. Any ideas?

My sister's family consists of: my sister, age 34, my brother-in-law, age 45, and my two neices ages 11 and 12. They will be in Chicago on June 20. My parents are coming on a different train...they will be in Chicago on June 19 (same time of day, same long layover) and they are in their mid-60s.

If anyone can think of anything at all for me to pass on to them, I would really appreciate it!
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue May 08, 2007 3:05 am

Oh man, there are a lot of different museums and what not. What are their interests? I personally love Shedds Aquarium. But their is the Museum of Science and Industry, the Field Museum, Sears Tower, Navy Pier, and many more.

I have been to a couple of those but havent been there for ages, so not sure how they are now. I went to the Brookfield Zoo and Shedd Aquariums with some friends last year, and I enjoyed both. But then again, I am an animal freak and you could drop me off at a farm for the day and I would be happy.

I remember seeing a couple people that live in Chicago or around, so hopefully they can give you a little more help.
Brad
User avatar
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 am
Country:
Location: SE Queensland Australia

Postby Nature's Gift » Tue May 08, 2007 5:21 am

I sent Edward a mental PM ages ago and I think he thinks I'm this enormous Edward eating maniac. So where NG walks, Edward fears to tread.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Chase
Suave Sage
Suave Sage
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:22 pm
Country:

Postby Chase » Tue May 08, 2007 12:29 pm

Nature's Gift wrote:I sent Edward a mental PM ages ago and I think he thinks I'm this enormous Edward eating maniac. So where NG walks, Edward fears to tread.


What?
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue May 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Chase wrote:
Nature's Gift wrote:I sent Edward a mental PM ages ago and I think he thinks I'm this enormous Edward eating maniac. So where NG walks, Edward fears to tread.


What?


She seems to feel that Edward finds her threateningly crazy. :edward:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
bone crusher bobtail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:38 am
Country:

Postby bone crusher bobtail » Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 pm

The old mans gone walk about Deadeye .
With a Naturalist and some freinds . They have bagged a pair of Frasers legless lizards . And a few favorite spots to check on a few Western slender bluetongue.


He left me who to fw funny emails .

:wink: 180 emails in the inbox a week :shock:
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Wed May 09, 2007 1:38 am

bone crusher bobtail wrote:The old mans gone walk about Deadeye .
With a Naturalist and some freinds . They have bagged a pair of Frasers legless lizards . And a few favorite spots to check on a few Western slender bluetongue.


He left me who to fw funny emails .

:wink: 180 emails in the inbox a week :shock:


Good luck with that :D :D , send our regards mate :thumbs:
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 am
Country:
Location: SE Queensland Australia

Postby Nature's Gift » Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 am

KyleWeiss wrote:
Chase wrote:
Nature's Gift wrote:I sent Edward a mental PM ages ago and I think he thinks I'm this enormous Edward eating maniac. So where NG walks, Edward fears to tread.


What?


She seems to feel that Edward finds her threateningly crazy. :edward:

KW


I could take that as intuitive or otherwise. Otherwise works for me, I am a bit nuts and I think Edward's not impressed. Live and let live - I might be a bit off-tap but I don't think I'm dangerous, .................. yet. :lol: :lol: Any hoo, if you're OK with KW and you're afraid of me, I think you need some help ... definately not meant as a go at you Kyle, but I recon I'm pretty tame, that's all. :wink:
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed May 09, 2007 10:43 pm

My truck just got stolen from my driveway. :shock: I am so ticked...this has been a heck of a week. My cell phone broke today too. What next...

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Wed May 09, 2007 11:31 pm

Zach wrote:My truck just got stolen from my driveway. :shock: I am so ticked...this has been a heck of a week. My cell phone broke today too. What next...


Awww... :(

:poor: :hug:
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 221 guests