Here's my baby...pics included

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Here's my baby...pics included

Postby Tiffany » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:21 pm

This is Sapphira, she's a little over a year old though I have only had her almost 2 months. Can anyone tell me which kind she is? I know she may not be a she but to me this is my baby girl! lOL These where taken the day after I got her.

Image

Image
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:58 pm

pretty! She looks IJ or IJ hybrid to me. (I'm leaning towards IJ hybrid)
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Postby Tiffany » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:05 pm

I was thinking IJ also, thanks! She ahs the pink belly but it's not bright red like all the descriptions I keep seeing.
BlueyBoy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:07 am
Country:

Postby BlueyBoy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm thinking IJ/Indo, It looks all IJ but theres just something yelling hybrid to me...I dont know why

SuperTroopers: "It was my sixth, hell maybe even my seventh sense"
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:16 pm

The tail looks long to me.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:19 pm

The stripes look IJ, but that tail strikes me as being a little long. Very nice patterns either way. The back legs also look really neat, but maybe that's just cause I don't pay much attention to them normally. Keep the pictures coming.
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:30 pm

See, now once I was all about gettin' on the hybrid train with the last few ID questions, now I'm pretty sure this is 100% IJ. I'm not just being a trend-bucking anarchist either.

:noknow:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
mewzic-7123
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:27 pm
Country:
Location: B.C Canada

Postby mewzic-7123 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:52 pm

how bigs ur she? :hmm:
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:08 pm

mewzic-7123 wrote:how bigs ur she? :hmm:


Just a reminder, this is a forum, not a text message to your friends. Please at least attempt to have a bit of contribution and intelligence, of which I'm sure you're quite capable. It was cute at first, but it is really in appropriate to put responses like this. People read these forums for information.

If you're unable to type or respond properly, please stop posting. Thanks.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:06 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:
mewzic-7123 wrote:how bigs ur she? :hmm:


Just a reminder, this is a forum, not a text message to your friends. Please at least attempt to have a bit of contribution and intelligence, of which I'm sure you're quite capable. It was cute at first, but it is really in appropriate to put responses like this. People read these forums for information.

If you're unable to type or respond properly, please stop posting. Thanks.

KW


Well said.
NomadOfTheHills
The Scout
The Scout
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
Country:

Postby NomadOfTheHills » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:30 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:If you're unable to type or respond properly, please stop posting. Thanks.

KW
:shock: Meow.
User avatar
mewzic-7123
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:27 pm
Country:
Location: B.C Canada

Postby mewzic-7123 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:03 pm

ok sorry
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Oh she looks beautiful :love:
I love the pattern and colours!
I'd have to say that she's a IJ ;)

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:08 am

I say,IJ , hey Kyle u ok m8 :hehe: :mrgreen:
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
BlueyBoy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:07 am
Country:

Postby BlueyBoy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:48 am

LOL!!!, OMG Leigh I m ROFL

g2g l8er
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:53 am

Thanks. I got her from naturecoastexotics and am glad I waited for her instead of the ones at the flea market I kept seeing. The ones at the flea market were alot bigger and who knows the care they got. This one eats like mad...though she does seem to favor meats more then anything else. Her tail is long, she wraps it on my arm when I hold her like a snake. Her total length is 17 inches with the tail being 7 of that.
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:55 am

A prehensile tail? Hmm.. wouldn't that be interesting to see a blue tongue monkey tail skink?
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:42 am

Her tail isn't long enough to go all the way around but she does use it to hold on and keep her balance on my arm. She wraps it as much as she can.
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:42 pm

Ah, yes, a collaboration between the cheeky Brit and the drunken delinquent. I see... :nanny:

:hehe:

Rollie will frequently use his tail to dig into my arm, or give some grip to an otherwise unsure footing.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:26 pm

Exactly what Sapphira does. Well said! LOL

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 143 guests