OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
-
Phantom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 312
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
- Country:
- Location: Near Chicago
Dragontears wrote:spiders are great! They can even help with homework...
"hey you mispelled that...let me hit the backspace for you..."
That's our little Inigo.
AHHH. I hate spiders. they give me the heebee jeebees. He looks soft though.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
- LittleFoot
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1297
- Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: NE Pennsy
Dragontears wrote:spiders are great! They can even help with homework...
"hey you mispelled that...let me hit the backspace for you..."
That's our little Inigo.
I am incredibly fearful of spiders, but i must say, that is a beautiful spider. Is it a type of tarantula?
In my first pet store job we sold pink toes. After they shed the guys used to put the empty shell (is that what it's called) in the cash register. You should have heard the screams of terror and the their howls of laughter.
Pippi
- SailleSkinklover
- Bluey Fanatic

- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
- Country:
- Location: Everett WA
- Contact:
- Jenn
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
- Country:
- Location: CT
- Dragontears
- Thousand Teardrops

- Posts: 1505
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
- Country:
- Location: Oregon
- Contact:
Inigo is a Brazilian Black tarantula and he is such a cuddly little puppy of the tarantula world.
He has his moments when he'd rather be running around and during those times we don't give him quite the freedom shown in that picture, but for the most part he is a slow moving little angel.
It's hard to get a good picture of him since he is all black, but here is a better one than above:

He has his moments when he'd rather be running around and during those times we don't give him quite the freedom shown in that picture, but for the most part he is a slow moving little angel.
It's hard to get a good picture of him since he is all black, but here is a better one than above:

- Dragontears
- Thousand Teardrops

- Posts: 1505
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
- Country:
- Location: Oregon
- Contact:
LittleFoot wrote:
In my first pet store job we sold pink toes. After they shed the guys used to put the empty shell (is that what it's called) in the cash register. You should have heard the screams of terror and the their howls of laughter.
I have several exuvia from most of my tarantulas. Some are neatly arranged to look like the real spider and some I just use to tell gender of a particular spider. They do freak people out when I accidentally leave them where people can see them and aren't expecting a big hary spider.
By the way, my versicolor, Gem, just molted into a mature female the other day!

-
Phantom
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 312
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
- Country:
- Location: Near Chicago
- Lucifer_Spades
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
- Country:
- Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
- DeadEye
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 676
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
- Kioka
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:35 pm
- Country:
- Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Oh man... the ERAS Reptile Expo in Edmonton is coming up... and I have no idea what to get.
I know I will definately get a Bluey, however I don't have the money for a high-quality UVB bulb, and I think MV bulbs are banned around here anyway. I love Boa Constrictors, however I don't really want to end up using rabbits before I can buy some to breed my own. So many reptiles, so little to choose from.
* tears hair *
I know I will definately get a Bluey, however I don't have the money for a high-quality UVB bulb, and I think MV bulbs are banned around here anyway. I love Boa Constrictors, however I don't really want to end up using rabbits before I can buy some to breed my own. So many reptiles, so little to choose from.
* tears hair *
I have been denied of reptiles for 20 years, and I am busting out of the Parental Asylum!
- Lucifer_Spades
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
- Country:
- Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ
Yay! We have found Simon.
Ok, so I can hear him in my neighbors garage and they aren't home to let him out yet but at least he's safe.
I was shaking and almost crying when I heard him answer his sisters call.
I don't think he's been in there the whole time or I would have heard him before. It's been raining all day and he must have snuck in when they left earlier.
Just had to share the good news!

Ok, so I can hear him in my neighbors garage and they aren't home to let him out yet but at least he's safe.
I was shaking and almost crying when I heard him answer his sisters call.
I don't think he's been in there the whole time or I would have heard him before. It's been raining all day and he must have snuck in when they left earlier.
Just had to share the good news!
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
- LittleFoot
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1297
- Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: NE Pennsy
Lucifer_Spades wrote:Yay! We have found Simon.
Ok, so I can hear him in my neighbors garage and they aren't home to let him out yet but at least he's safe.
I was shaking and almost crying when I heard him answer his sisters call.
I don't think he's been in there the whole time or I would have heard him before. It's been raining all day and he must have snuck in when they left earlier.
Just had to share the good news!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Wooooooot!!! I am so happy you found him
Pippi
- Lucifer_Spades
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
- Country:
- Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ
Simon is home safe, he is currently wolfing down a bowl of science diet and fending off his sisters grooming attempts. He will be going to the vet for a check up monday, I don't want any surprises if he got into something he shouldn't. But so far he seems to be scared, hungary, and happy to be home.
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
- bluetonguemad
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 516
- Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm
- Country:
- Location: New Zealand, windy wellington
- Dragontears
- Thousand Teardrops

- Posts: 1505
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
- Country:
- Location: Oregon
- Contact:
Lucifer_Spades wrote:Thought this might interest Madam Tarantula.![]()
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070817/ap_ ... UDkHF4hMgF
I currently have 5 baboon tarantulas. They are so cute when they try to kill you.
- Lucifer_Spades
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
- Country:
- Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ
Dragontears wrote:Lucifer_Spades wrote:Thought this might interest Madam Tarantula.![]()
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070817/ap_ ... UDkHF4hMgF
I currently have 5 baboon tarantulas. They are so cute when they try to kill you.
I love spiders but, for my havoc wrecking 4 yr olds sake and also since my husband is not comfortable around them I don't have any but feel free to treat me by posting pics as often as you like. I will drool and gawk from afar.
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
- Jenn
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
- Country:
- Location: CT
- Lucifer_Spades
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1407
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
- Country:
- Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ
Jenn wrote:I'm glad your kitty is home safe and sound!!!!
Thanks were all glad he's back.
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)
0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)
1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
- Leigh
- Leigh of the Law

- Posts: 6695
- Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
- Country:
- Location: Bristol, England
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests




