In this Corner!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

In this Corner!

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:58 pm

weighing in at 744 grams and with a length of 23 inches is...


SPIKE!!!

Image

With 8 skinks, cage cleaning can take a while. Last night I got Frankie and Spike's cages done.

Mom, what are you doing? I was trying to sleep!
Image

Why is that thing looking at me? I'm not a zoo exhibit!
Image

I know. I know. I'm just too cute!
Image

Checking out the clean cage.
Image

Image

Bum Shot! You know if you were a skink, you'd be checking me out!
Image

You did good, Mom!
Image
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 6:03 pm
Country:
Location: Philippines

Postby Drew » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:01 pm

great shots and pretty setup Jenn!
** true blooded Filipino herper!!! **
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 am

Spike is lovely :love:
Great pictures and also great set ups! :thumbs:


:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:45 am

Poor Spike! He's feeling very unloved becaue Frankie has gotten more comments then he has.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:02 am

Your tank setups are my favorites...makes LittleFoot's seem very bland. I love that last photo, he looks like a cute little puppy dog waiting to be picked up and patted on the head.
Pippi
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:48 am

I still can't believe your skinks don't constantly pop up and over the side of that multi-colored playpen. I got Rollie the version that's six inches higher and he STILL gets out, and it's two inches taller than he is long! :roll: Silly Rollie.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
mewzic-7123
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:27 pm
Country:
Location: B.C Canada

Postby mewzic-7123 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:50 am

i also like ur tank setup it looks great, and very complex
JWSR
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
Country:
Location: Henderson, Kentucky

Postby JWSR » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Great pics Jenn, as usual! :D
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:33 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:I still can't believe your skinks don't constantly pop up and over the side of that multi-colored playpen. I got Rollie the version that's six inches higher and he STILL gets out, and it's two inches taller than he is long! :roll: Silly Rollie.

KW


They can if they want. Some of my skinks try harder then others. I cleaned Frankie and Spike's cages at night and woke them both up. They weren't really awake enough to try escaping. The bunch of cats hanging around the outside might have had something to do with them staying in as well!
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
eloc
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:10 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby eloc » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:50 pm

Love your setups....thanks for the inspiration!!
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:27 pm

adorable!

...still waiting on Baylee pics though.... ;)
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:53 pm

I snuck one in my Lesson 2 thread! He and Cordy finished shedding today so they are next on the list of cage cleaning and pictures.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:58 pm

YEAH SPIKE! :spot:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
AndrewSeike
Sunset Skinks
Sunset Skinks
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:11 pm
Country:
Location: California
Contact:

Postby AndrewSeike » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:01 am

Nice pics Jenn!

I would post a million pictures of I just dont have the time with two jobs (one volunteer), reptiles, other pets, significant other and other random things.

Andrew
http://www.bluetongueskinks.com with New Blue Tongue Skink Forum

Breeding and living with skinks since '88
Currently working with many representatives of the following Tiliqua:

scincoides.scincoides
scincoides.intermedia
scincoides.chimaerea
nigrolutea - alpine form
multifasciata
gigas.gigas
gigas.evanescens
gigas.keyensis
sp - Irian Jaya
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:51 am

Spike is so cute!
Im sure he likes his enclosure very much! :lol:

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy

*1 Cockatiel, Baylee

*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles

*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.

*f.C Photography

*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:26 am

AndrewSeike wrote:Nice pics Jenn!

I would post a million pictures of I just dont have the time with two jobs (one volunteer), reptiles, other pets, significant other and other random things.

Andrew


That's why I love summer vaction!!!! Of course it's back to work today though.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
kvega92
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:10 am
Country:
Location: Frederick, Maryland

Postby kvega92 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:30 pm

Spike is such a cutie.
Love till the ends of your fingertips.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 256 guests