long over-due pictures

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:04 pm

I got some fun mantis pictures and figured I'd share:

One of my females, Two-Fist:
Image

Image

my male, Quirk:
Image

Quirk, stalking his female:
Image

Some macro shots of Two-Fist:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

zoom:
Image

Image

have you ever seen a mantis give you puppy-dog eyes?
Image

Image
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:38 pm

I love praying mantis. I did a science experiment in grade school and then released them all in my yard after-wards. My favorite was this huge one who we named George...lived for several seasons on our deck.
Pippi
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:17 am

THANK YOU, RENEE!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

You know how much I love Mantises.... :lovestruck:


Those are pretty much the best pictures I've ever seen; you should send them to National Geographic or something..... :noknow: .... or at least the fair!

;)

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:29 am

My favorite by far is the puppy-dog eyes one.

Wouldn't I have to go to the fair to enter a photo?
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:01 pm

Those are so very cool! The people I got Chuffie from have an Orchid Mantis, and I've watched him grow from a little sprout into this big beautiful white flowery thing with a faint blush of pink. Sorry I don't have any pics of him right now!
So what is the stuff that she's eating? It looks like bug eggs.
Oh, and loved the puppydog eyes too! :cloud9:
I had one when I was a kid, and mine was bright green with red dots in the eyes, rather than the black.
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:30 pm

I just love mantises too! We have lots of babies around here in the spring. They are so cute!
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:49 pm

OMG BEAUTIFUL SKINKYYYY :love:

I love all the pictures and captions there all so very cute and glamorous :D

Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Lazyprsn
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:01 am
Country:
Location: USA

Postby Lazyprsn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:37 pm

Not much bugs me in this world. Certainly not bugs.... Except big Mantises. They give me the absolute heeby geebies.

I've seen some other people on this forums with those big scary looking centipedes, and I don't think I'd have too much of a problem being around one of those.

But for some reason, Mantises scare me. I probably had a dream when I was a kid about them, because I remember hearing about the females eating the males, and it scared me. And the fact that they can kill hummingbirds by spearing them with an arm kinda bugs me too. Maybe it's their resemblance to the stereotypical "roswell-type" alien that scares me.

I'm such a wuss for aliens, every nightmare I've ever had in my entire life, somehow had to deal with the movie Killer Clowns from Outer Space. So I'm kinda xenophobic, for lack of a better term.
My rant is over, back to admiring your cute little skinks, and they are super cute!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 173 guests