OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:09 pm

Jenn wrote:Good Bye summer. I've got to go back to work tomorrow and the kids start on Thursday.


Don't worry, winter will take care of you... muahahahah. :twisted:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:19 pm

:cold: That's me in the winter. Of course with winter you get wonderful school delays! :cloud9: Those are way better then a snowday because you get to sleep in but the day still counts! It is almost pumpkin picking time!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:53 pm

Microsoft movie maker was great; I made some sweet vids!

Thanks guys...

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:07 pm

It's almost pumpkin SHOOTING time! They invite a bunch of people out at the range where they do machine gun demos and blast away creating rupturing orange goo! :hyper:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:15 am

KyleWeiss wrote:It's almost pumpkin SHOOTING time! They invite a bunch of people out at the range where they do machine gun demos and blast away creating rupturing orange goo! :hyper:

KW



I had a spot picked out and a barrel of mini Coleman gas canisters, but no one ever came. :cri:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:12 am

Wjy shot the poor innocent Pumpkins!? :shock: Pumpkins are for carving and painting.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:04 pm

Zach wrote:
KyleWeiss wrote:It's almost pumpkin SHOOTING time! They invite a bunch of people out at the range where they do machine gun demos and blast away creating rupturing orange goo! :hyper:

KW



I had a spot picked out and a barrel of mini Coleman gas canisters, but no one ever came. :cri:


:rofl: I would have come.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Yowza Kyle blastin a Pumpkin get outa here ?.Image
:rockon: I want pics Kyle
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:40 pm

Ok, Shooting stuff is really boring. At least go hand to hand and see how you fare, that way at least the pumpkins have a chance! I'd personally rather see more pics of cute fuzzy tarantulas or Black Blueys! or even weirder things like this!
Image
Isn't it purdy?????It's got a pink butt! :D
User avatar
MartinsPerson
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:49 pm
Country:
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Contact:

Postby MartinsPerson » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Is that an orchid mantid? Took me a second to realize that it was an animal!! Beautiful...
1.1 IJ "Baloo", "Bianca"
0.0.1 Northern "Sebastian"
1.1 Kei Island "KeiKei", Sprout"
0.2 chihuahua "Delilah", "Holly"
0.1 quarter horse "Cadence"
0.0.1 A. versicolor "Prism"
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:42 pm

Yup, Orchid Mantis it is! It is not actually the one my friends own, this is just a pic of one I found on Google. But it gives an idea of how very cool these insects are! My friends' Orchid mantis will turn its head and watch you, then it'll crawl up on your arm and once its comfortable, it'll groom itself like a tiny flowery cat. THeir mantis isn't as pink as the one in the picture, but it's beautiful nonetheless!
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:36 pm

I love Melbourne City..
I went there yesterday with my photography class...
Such fun we had taking pictures and all :)

Image

Image

Image

Just thought i share a couple of pics :lol:

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Funda wrote:I love Melbourne City..
I went there yesterday with my photography class...
Such fun we had taking pictures and all :)

\

Just thought i share a couple of pics :lol:

:blueyprint: f.C


Those are some really clear pics. They remind me of dowtown chicago.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

Question

Postby aggiegirl » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:26 pm

There is a traveling exhibit called "Lizards and Snakes: Alive" that is coming to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Has anyone seen it? I'm wondering if it is worth seeing.
Anyone here own a chuckwalla? My hubby has informed me we are at our max. and I'm being good. After all, there is always next bluey baby season! :roll: Just curious about the chucks and had a few questions about them. :wink:
I must admit my definition of "pet" has changed since I found this site. Renee's little cuties make me want to try a few of them. At least those are easily hidden. :wink: My husband would never even notice them!
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:41 pm

DixieDiana and Skinkman own a chuckwalla.. but I think they are giving it to a nephew or something, or maybe they already have.

I saw it when I went to pick up my enclosures from them. He was a small bugger, almost like a 2 or 3 month old blue tongue. I guess they puff up when threatened and wedge themselves into tight spots so predators can't get them out. Pretty neat.
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:50 pm

What's a chuckwalla?
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:02 pm

It's a lizard.. google it foo!
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Question

Postby Dragontears » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:55 pm

aggiegirl wrote:There is a traveling exhibit called "Lizards and Snakes: Alive" that is coming to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Has anyone seen it? I'm wondering if it is worth seeing.
Anyone here own a chuckwalla? My hubby has informed me we are at our max. and I'm being good. After all, there is always next bluey baby season! :roll: Just curious about the chucks and had a few questions about them. :wink:
I must admit my definition of "pet" has changed since I found this site. Renee's little cuties make me want to try a few of them. At least those are easily hidden. :wink: My husband would never even notice them!


Spiders are so easy! They don't eat much and they are quiet and don't have much smell (unless a cricket dies in their tank :hurl: )

We just moved our versicolor to a new tank yesterday. She is quite friendly:
Image
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm

Your spiders are gorgeous! So when you go to get them out of their enclosures, how do you do it? Do you shoo them onto your hand, or do they just recognize you and crawl onto you?
I still love your little Inigo, he looked like he was smiling for the camera on that keyboard. Lovely! :D
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Re: Question

Postby LittleFoot » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:47 pm

aggiegirl wrote:There is a traveling exhibit called "Lizards and Snakes: Alive" that is coming to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Has anyone seen it? I'm wondering if it is worth seeing.
Anyone here own a chuckwalla? My hubby has informed me we are at our max. and I'm being good. After all, there is always next bluey baby season! :roll: Just curious about the chucks and had a few questions about them. :wink:
I must admit my definition of "pet" has changed since I found this site. Renee's little cuties make me want to try a few of them. At least those are easily hidden. :wink: My husband would never even notice them!


A buddy of mine has several. He says they can be tricky keepers due to fussy diets...I have never owned one though. They are cute little suckers :)
Pippi

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 206 guests