OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:01 am

Hahahaaaa, I love all the cats snoozing on the couch! Are they into philosophical/religious reading? I love literate cats. . . you can actually have a conversation with them! :D
1.0. Merauke, Chuff Chuff
0.1.1 Irian Jayas, Nubbin, Marley
0.0.1 Northern, Hobbes
3.1.0.1 White Lined Geckos,CrazyHorse, Dad, Itchy, little female
7.10.17 Crested Geckos, HELP!
0.1.0 Leachie, Francis
1.2.0 Gargoyles, Everton, Ant, Juicebox
1.1.2 African Fat Tails, Burger Butt, Galaxy,t he kids
1.1.0.2 Tokays, Niles, Lillith
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:55 am

Kudos for putting up with more than one cat!
NomadOfTheHills
The Scout
The Scout
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
Country:

Postby NomadOfTheHills » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:56 am

SailleSkinklover wrote:what is a Hellbender?


Cryptobranchus alleganiensis, the largest new world salamander!
Image


Unfortunately, not found in CT lol
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:57 am

There are Giant Salamanders in Japan that grow like 5 feet long and eat small mammals.

Image
NomadOfTheHills
The Scout
The Scout
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
Country:

Postby NomadOfTheHills » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:01 pm

I love those. They had a video on kingsnake not too long ago about them.
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:13 pm

SailleSkinklover wrote:Hahahaaaa, I love all the cats snoozing on the couch! Are they into philosophical/religious reading? I love literate cats. . . you can actually have a conversation with them! :D


My cat's are always try to learn new things and better themselves!! Phoenix and Alley are both very vocal and talk all the time.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:44 pm

MAN i love chinese food. Just had to share that.
User avatar
Tattoo
BT Beldam
BT Beldam
Posts: 6669
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am
Country:
Location: Vermont, USA

Postby Tattoo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:49 pm

russman wrote:MAN i love chinese food. Just had to share that.


Russman ... how does this grab you?
Image

Enjoy. :wink:
The Crone ∞

1.0 Northern BTS - Tattoo
0.1 Indonesian BTS - Annubis
0.0.1 Silver Tanimbar - Mantic
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:13 pm

Tattoo wrote:
russman wrote:MAN i love chinese food. Just had to share that.


Russman ... how does this grab you?
Image

Enjoy. :wink:


ok, hungry now :) too bad its nearly impossible to get good chinese (or any asian cuisine) out here.
Pippi
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:19 pm

I think I would die if I could not have Chinese food! All time favorite food. Being in a college town with A LOT of oriental students, there are so many chinese restaurants. Its the greatest. I have also found out that the chinese restaurants that have the highest amount of health code violations, usually have the best tasting food for some reason. So of course I take the risk of getting sick for some amazing chinese food. lol
Brad
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:32 pm

I think I was spoiled growing up outside NYC...there was great food available, if you couldn't find something, drive to the next neighborhood and there you can find another ethnicity of cuisine. My best friend back home overnights me bagels and bialys a couple times each year...we are still trying to figure out a good way to ship out some decent pizza. :lol:
Pippi
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:12 pm

Tattoo wrote:
russman wrote:MAN i love chinese food. Just had to share that.


Russman ... how does this grab you?
Image

Enjoy. :wink:


Well, that's about 95% container and 5% edible food, but man does that 5% look good!
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 pm

Turkish food is better! :D :lol:

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Hijinks
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:04 pm
Country:
Location: Nutley, NJ
Contact:

Postby Hijinks » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:55 pm

LittleFoot wrote:I think I was spoiled growing up outside NYC...there was great food available, if you couldn't find something, drive to the next neighborhood and there you can find another ethnicity of cuisine. My best friend back home overnights me bagels and bialys a couple times each year...we are still trying to figure out a good way to ship out some decent pizza. :lol:


Oh, heck yes. I used to work in SoHo on the edge of Little Italy and CHINATOWN!!! I'd get Malaysian, Indonesian, or Vietnamese every day and gross out my cubicle neighbors, with their watercress sandwiches from the yuppie deli. (It was at a bridal fashion website/magazine -- just imagine... :whatever:)

Now my only lunch options are fast food or a questionable deli. I love Chinatown so much. I even love the stinky fish markets that you can still smell from across the street. :cloud9:
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:10 am

I wonder if there are places in other countries called "Americatown" or "Little America"
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:52 am

No mate but we got a SOHO, in London village.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:13 am

Wow.. almost time for a new OT thread eh?

And how about that Meet the Members thread, Zach? Needs some updating eh?
User avatar
Brigget
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:22 pm
Country:
Location: chattanooga, tn

Postby Brigget » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:12 am

cool i just checked out the meet the members forum i have never looked at it now i can put faces with names.
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:25 am

Brigget wrote:cool i just checked out the meet the members forum i have never looked at it now i can put faces with names.


Here, now you can put a face to my name:
Image
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:32 am

Sorry to all you guys with aquariums out there,
but I LOVE Sushi!
Image

Its great, because I hate onions and onions are in nearly everything here in WA, so its really nice to get food that I don't have to worry about it so much.
Yum! :tasty:
(I gotta admit, it is so hard to get decent pizza on this coast though. :(
1.0. Merauke, Chuff Chuff

0.1.1 Irian Jayas, Nubbin, Marley

0.0.1 Northern, Hobbes

3.1.0.1 White Lined Geckos,CrazyHorse, Dad, Itchy, little female

7.10.17 Crested Geckos, HELP!

0.1.0 Leachie, Francis

1.2.0 Gargoyles, Everton, Ant, Juicebox

1.1.2 African Fat Tails, Burger Butt, Galaxy,t he kids

1.1.0.2 Tokays, Niles, Lillith

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 189 guests