OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Arkangel wrote:You can read the story on my blog, but to make a long story short... I have a dumb goat. :lol:




Ohhh, the county fair is here right now and one of my favorite things is petting the goats. I like the earless Lamancha's that originated here in Oregon!

That's a good ond Phantom..

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:01 pm

I have always said I wanted to get goat when Im older. They are soo cool!
User avatar
Arkangel
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am
Country:
Location: Jersey Devil Pinelands

Postby Arkangel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:22 pm

How much is airfare to Chicago? I'll put one on the plane when your ready. :lol:

I love country fairs too!
Kristine
Bluebird Acres Farm
Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog

Artemis on MySpace


When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
Cree Prophecy.
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Arkangel wrote:How much is airfare to Chicago? I'll put one on the plane when your ready. :lol:

I love country fairs too!


:rofl: It would have to be first class, I want him flying in comfort. How many do you have?
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Arkangel wrote:
Zach wrote::rofl: Lisa...




Kris....I had that exact world map in my room growing up. How cool...


You know you are my kindred spirit. :hug: Pigeons and world maps...who'dve thunk?

I want one of those curved shower rods in the worst way! :grump:

I just can't justify spending the money. But then again, if I pull a Lisa and claim to be traumatized and claustrophobic... :thinking:

Spent the morning digging a goat head out from under my barn. Now I need a shower!


LOL I once had a similar experience with the one of the goats that lives on a farm near my mom's place.

I was innocently riding by on my bike and heard a frantic bleating, I stopped and moved in closer to see a little male goat had stuck his head through a bent square of the fencing around their yard, trying to reach a particularly suculent patch of sweet clover.
The backwards pointing horns had gone through one way just fine, but once through locked his head in place. I went up and knocked on the door but no one was home, so I ended up cutting the fence and repairing it, as the poor thing was near to having a coniption and the wire fencing was wrapping around it's horns, tightening it around his neck and cutting into the neck, then leaving a note on the door with my name and number telling them what had happened.
I never heard from them, but the next time I went by the fencing had been replaced with some with smaller holes that the goats couldn't even get a hoof through much less a head.

All's well that ends well I guess.
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:47 pm

What complete jerks to not call you....I would have sent a basket with a bluey....

:nono:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Zach wrote:What complete jerks to not call you....I would have sent a basket with a bluey....

:nono:


I figure at least they cared enough to replace the fence, I will accept ignomy gladly, as long as it doesn't happen again, as it could be at a time when someone who cares is not around and it could end very differently. That goat wouldn't have lived too much longer I'm thinking if I hadn't happend by, and since I only go out to my mom's every 3-6 months or so...
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Image
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:05 am

Zach wrote:What complete jerks to not call you....I would have sent a basket with a bluey....

:nono:


Zach, while passing your place the other day a freed a goat a cat and three dogs from your yard, Where's my bluey's :heated: :hehe:
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
Arkangel
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am
Country:
Location: Jersey Devil Pinelands

Postby Arkangel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:36 am

Phantom wrote:
Arkangel wrote:How much is airfare to Chicago? I'll put one on the plane when your ready. :lol:


:rofl: It would have to be first class, I want him flying in comfort. How many do you have?


Of course. Nothing but the best for my goats. :stuckup: LOL I am down to just two pygmies now.

I once had a similar experience with the one of the goats that lives on a farm near my mom's place.


I'm glad I'm not the only sucker...ahem..good deeder... that does stuff like this. :wink:

I once saved a baby goat that was in the middle traffic, returned it to the farmhouse nearby and like you found no one home. By now a cop was on the scene, and when he found out it was not my goat, he tells me to to "step away from the goat". :roll: I looked at him like he was nuts and explained that if I put the goat down, it would immediately run back into traffic. I walked out back carrying the goat looking for a pen to hold the goat. I ended up putting him in a chicken pen because it was the only secure place to put him. Meanwhile the cop is yelling at me, "What if that goat eats the chickens!! Are you going to take responsibility for that!?"
:doh: I calmly looked him in the eye and said; "Yes I would. But I know for a fact that goats only eat beef."

And I never heard anything back from those goat owners either! :grump:
Kristine

Bluebird Acres Farm

Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog



Artemis on MySpace





When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy.
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:45 pm

I once saved a baby goat that was in the middle traffic, returned it to the farmhouse nearby and like you found no one home. By now a cop was on the scene, and when he found out it was not my goat, he tells me to to "step away from the goat". :roll: I looked at him like he was nuts and explained that if I put the goat down, it would immediately run back into traffic. I walked out back carrying the goat looking for a pen to hold the goat. I ended up putting him in a chicken pen because it was the only secure place to put him. Meanwhile the cop is yelling at me, "What if that goat eats the chickens!! Are you going to take responsibility for that!?"
:doh: I calmly looked him in the eye and said; "Yes I would. But I know for a fact that goats only eat beef."

And I never heard anything back from those goat owners either! :grump:[/quote]

Im going to start calling you the goat whisperer
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:00 pm

I onced rescued two baby kittens stuck between my garage and fence, and it was very narrow... dont know how they got there :?
But anywhoo, there was a ginger white one and a dark grey one.
Saddly to say that the grey one didnt make it..
It had ants going through its nose and ears, there was blood comming out of them aswell (sorry if that was to detailed)
I think the kittens were playing along the fence and fell..
The ginger kitten was ok, a few scratches but thats about it.
The grey one died unfortunetly :cry: so we burried him =]
The ginger one, i looked after for a while. Feeding him milk with a siringe and all that stuff.
They were roughly about... 4-5 weeks old, so still very young to defend for there own.
Needless to say i still have that ginger kitten, well cat now :lol:
and i called him 'Lucky' because he really was :)
My mum gave him a middle name "Lucky Tobealive" :rofl:
And the good thing is his still alive :D

Here are some pictures



Here he is sitting down
Image

And this him sleeping in a very funny position :lol:
Image



Sorry if i bragged on, its just i read the goat story and this came into my head 8)

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:03 pm

:love: Kitty cats are the best!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:07 pm

Jenn wrote::love: Kitty cats are the best!


I'm definitley a dog person. I have always hated cats. They seem so indifferent when you are petting them. They get that hair everywhere and I don't like the idea of having a box of poo in my house. They also climb everywhere. Ill stick with my dogs. Then again I have met good cats before, not too many though. I also think they fancy feast commercials ruined cats for me.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Jenn wrote::love: Kitty cats are the best!


I am not a cat person but I have a fondness for my aunt's old persian, Tilly. She used to tell me he was such a mellow cat that you can twirl him around in the air by his tail and he would still purr. I was 8 and I tested her theory. Yes he still purred, and yes I wasn't able to sit comfortably for a week :oops:
Pippi
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:19 pm

The goat story reminded me of my duck story from Mother's Day 6 years ago. I was driving into NYC with my kids on rt 80 (major highway in jersey) and I notice on the fast lane shoulder a momma duck waddling along with about 10 ducklings :shock: :shock: I pull over the car and stop three lanes of traffic (yeah not my brightest moment) A cop comes along and starts yelling at me and calling me crazy. I told him the momma could have flown away at any time but she stayed because she knew she babies needed her. Then I added, "do you want to kill her babies on mother's day" We shooed momma off to the other side of the road (at this point there were about 10 other people helping out) and her babies followed after her. The cop got into his car muttering something about crazy women and animals, but my kids still cheered me on.
Pippi
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm not a dog person. I like them like I like my kids, when they belong to someone else. I find them cute but way to much work. I like the fact that cats are more independent. If I'm running late, I don't have to worry about whether or not they will be on my carpet. With 8 cats (3 of my own and 5 foster) I have 6 kitty litters. As long as you scoop them on a regular basis, you would never know they are in the house. I don't really see a big difference between scooping a little box and having to pick up after a dog outside or even spot cleaning a skinks cage. As for their shedding, my cats leave less hair around then my sister's dog and their are a lot more of them. When it come to climbing, it's just important to have enough scratching post and things that they are allowed to climb on and then they don't climb on places that they aren't allowed. Cats like any other animal have different personalities. My oldest cat, Allie is a calico and a moody witch. She rules the other cats and when the kids come over the house they leave her be. One of the kittens I'm fostering is the biggest love bug in the world. All he wants to do is be held and pet. Where ever I am he's not very far behind.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Jenn wrote:I'm not a dog person. I like them like I like my kids, when they belong to someone else. I find them cute but way to much work. I like the fact that cats are more independent. If I'm running late, I don't have to worry about whether or not they will be on my carpet. With 8 cats (3 of my own and 5 foster) I have 6 kitty litters. As long as you scoop them on a regular basis, you would never know they are in the house. I don't really see a big difference between scooping a little box and having to pick up after a dog outside or even spot cleaning a skinks cage. As for their shedding, my cats leave less hair around then my sister's dog and their are a lot more of them. When it come to climbing, it's just important to have enough scratching post and things that they are allowed to climb on and then they don't climb on places that they aren't allowed. Cats like any other animal have different personalities. My oldest cat, Allie is a calico and a moody witch. She rules the other cats and when the kids come over the house they leave her be. One of the kittens I'm fostering is the biggest love bug in the world. All he wants to do is be held and pet. Where ever I am he's not very far behind.



Our dogs are soo easy to take care of. Feed em in the morning, let them out when they are done. Feed them again later in the day and let them out again. They are also good protection. My friends cat leaves hair EVERYWHRE. Even in the fishtank. Did you see the video of the person with something like 103 cats?
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:38 pm

LittleFoot wrote:
Jenn wrote::love: Kitty cats are the best!


I am not a cat person but I have a fondness for my aunt's old persian, Tilly. She used to tell me he was such a mellow cat that you can twirl him around in the air by his tail and he would still purr. I was 8 and I tested her theory. Yes he still purred, and yes I wasn't able to sit comfortably for a week :oops:



I love Persians....we had an orange one growing up named number 9. :cloud9:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:48 pm

Phantom wrote:
Jenn wrote:I'm not a dog person. I like them like I like my kids, when they belong to someone else. I find them cute but way to much work. I like the fact that cats are more independent. If I'm running late, I don't have to worry about whether or not they will be on my carpet. With 8 cats (3 of my own and 5 foster) I have 6 kitty litters. As long as you scoop them on a regular basis, you would never know they are in the house. I don't really see a big difference between scooping a little box and having to pick up after a dog outside or even spot cleaning a skinks cage. As for their shedding, my cats leave less hair around then my sister's dog and their are a lot more of them. When it come to climbing, it's just important to have enough scratching post and things that they are allowed to climb on and then they don't climb on places that they aren't allowed. Cats like any other animal have different personalities. My oldest cat, Allie is a calico and a moody witch. She rules the other cats and when the kids come over the house they leave her be. One of the kittens I'm fostering is the biggest love bug in the world. All he wants to do is be held and pet. Where ever I am he's not very far behind.



Our dogs are soo easy to take care of. Feed em in the morning, let them out when they are done. Feed them again later in the day and let them out again. They are also good protection. My friends cat leaves hair EVERYWHRE. Even in the fishtank. Did you see the video of the person with something like 103 cats?


Is it a long haired cat? Those guys are a bit more work and because they have more hair, shed more. One of the adults I'm fostering is long haired but I get around the extra shedding by making part of our daily cuddle a brushing cuddle.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 199 guests