OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:49 pm

AAAAND they can cause your flesh to eat itself from the inside out.
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:53 pm

Dragontears wrote:spiders are great! They can even help with homework...

"hey you mispelled that...let me hit the backspace for you..."
Image

That's our little Inigo. :love:

AHHH. I hate spiders. they give me the heebee jeebees. He looks soft though.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Dragontears wrote:spiders are great! They can even help with homework...

"hey you mispelled that...let me hit the backspace for you..."
Image

That's our little Inigo. :love:


I am incredibly fearful of spiders, but i must say, that is a beautiful spider. Is it a type of tarantula?

In my first pet store job we sold pink toes. After they shed the guys used to put the empty shell (is that what it's called) in the cash register. You should have heard the screams of terror and the their howls of laughter. :twisted:
Pippi
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:54 pm

Awwww, your Inigo is sooooo Huggably CUTE! Does he feel like velcro when he walks on you? I love tarantula feet, they look like little fuzzy music-notes stuck on long hairy legs. Thats a great pic! Lovable bug! :blowkisses:
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:15 am

Wow! He stays there for you? I'd be afriad of him running away.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:06 am

Inigo is a Brazilian Black tarantula and he is such a cuddly little puppy of the tarantula world. :love: He has his moments when he'd rather be running around and during those times we don't give him quite the freedom shown in that picture, but for the most part he is a slow moving little angel.

It's hard to get a good picture of him since he is all black, but here is a better one than above:
Image
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:11 am

LittleFoot wrote:

In my first pet store job we sold pink toes. After they shed the guys used to put the empty shell (is that what it's called) in the cash register. You should have heard the screams of terror and the their howls of laughter. :twisted:


I have several exuvia from most of my tarantulas. Some are neatly arranged to look like the real spider and some I just use to tell gender of a particular spider. They do freak people out when I accidentally leave them where people can see them and aren't expecting a big hary spider.

By the way, my versicolor, Gem, just molted into a mature female the other day! :woo:
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:27 am

Can you put a warning at the top of the post that there's going to be a spider pic? They freak me out soooo much.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Thought this might interest Madam Tarantula. :wink:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070817/ap_ ... UDkHF4hMgF
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:42 pm

Cool Pic dragontears :ohyes:

Has anyone seen any pics from Laura in south australia ?? cmon Laura

tis spring soon them cute stumpy tails should be on most walking trails ...

I might have missed them been busy .
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
Kioka
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:35 pm
Country:
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Postby Kioka » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:45 pm

Oh man... the ERAS Reptile Expo in Edmonton is coming up... and I have no idea what to get. :(

I know I will definately get a Bluey, however I don't have the money for a high-quality UVB bulb, and I think MV bulbs are banned around here anyway. I love Boa Constrictors, however I don't really want to end up using rabbits before I can buy some to breed my own. So many reptiles, so little to choose from. :(

* tears hair *
I have been denied of reptiles for 20 years, and I am busting out of the Parental Asylum!
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:17 pm

Yay! We have found Simon.

Ok, so I can hear him in my neighbors garage and they aren't home to let him out yet but at least he's safe.

I was shaking and almost crying when I heard him answer his sisters call.

I don't think he's been in there the whole time or I would have heard him before. It's been raining all day and he must have snuck in when they left earlier.

Just had to share the good news!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:36 pm

Lucifer_Spades wrote:Yay! We have found Simon.

Ok, so I can hear him in my neighbors garage and they aren't home to let him out yet but at least he's safe.

I was shaking and almost crying when I heard him answer his sisters call.

I don't think he's been in there the whole time or I would have heard him before. It's been raining all day and he must have snuck in when they left earlier.

Just had to share the good news!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D



Wooooooot!!! I am so happy you found him :D
Pippi
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:57 pm

Simon is home safe, he is currently wolfing down a bowl of science diet and fending off his sisters grooming attempts. He will be going to the vet for a check up monday, I don't want any surprises if he got into something he shouldn't. But so far he seems to be scared, hungary, and happy to be home.
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
bluetonguemad
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Country:
Location: New Zealand, windy wellington

Postby bluetonguemad » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:29 am

that spider is sooo00ooo0 cute!!! :D
"whats that little voice? you want to jump?"ÿes matt i want to jump""jump where voice?""right into your pocket of magical dreams":P
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Lucifer_Spades wrote:Thought this might interest Madam Tarantula. :wink:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070817/ap_ ... UDkHF4hMgF


:love:

I currently have 5 baboon tarantulas. They are so cute when they try to kill you.
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:33 pm

Dragontears wrote:
Lucifer_Spades wrote:Thought this might interest Madam Tarantula. :wink:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070817/ap_ ... UDkHF4hMgF


:love:

I currently have 5 baboon tarantulas. They are so cute when they try to kill you.



I love spiders but, for my havoc wrecking 4 yr olds sake and also since my husband is not comfortable around them I don't have any but feel free to treat me by posting pics as often as you like. I will drool and gawk from afar.
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:29 pm

I'm glad your kitty is home safe and sound!!!!
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:31 pm

Jenn wrote:I'm glad your kitty is home safe and sound!!!!


Thanks were all glad he's back.
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:48 am

Glad to hear the mog's returned safe and sound
MMMmmmmm... Something???????

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 201 guests