OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Reptscue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:56 pm
Country:
Location: SW FL

Postby Reptscue » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:53 am

reptileking wrote:Awesome little guys (or girls)! I love the suntigers. I think my next one will be some sort of ornamental. they are awesome looking.


Thanks a bunch!
If you think your little Pinktoe is fast.... Wait to see a Suntiger or Pokie. :shock:
Here's my list for you DT....
Tarantulas
1.3.1 G. rosea (Rose hair)
0.1.1 A. versicolor (Antilles PT)
0.1.1 A. avic (Guyana PT)
0.0.1 A. minatrix (Red stripe PT)
0.1.1 G. aureostriata (Chaco Golden stripe)
0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp. (Singapore Blue)
0.0.1 C. crawshayi (King Baboon)
0.0.1 B. emilia (Mexican red leg)
0.0.1 A. braunshauseni (Goliath PT)
0.0.1 E. uatuman (Emerald Skeleton)
0.0.1 H. incei (Trinidad Olive)
0.0.1 P. pederseni (Ghost Ornamental)
0.0.1 L. parahybana (Salmon Pink)
0.0.1 B. boehmei (Mexican Fire leg)
0.0.1 N. chromatus (White striped Birdeater)
0.1 P. chordatus (Kilimanjaro mustard)
0.1 A. metallica (Metallic PT)
0.1 A. chalcodes (Desert Blonde)
1.1 P. irminia (Suntiger)
0.1 B. smithi (Mexican Red Knee)
0.1 B. albopilosum (Curly Hair)
0.1 E. pachypus (Stout leg Baboon)
0.1 A. seemani (Costa Rican stripe knee)
0.1 A. anax (Texas Tan)
1.0 A. geniculata(MM) (Giant white knee)

True spiders
0.0.1 Trochosa sp.(?) (Wolf Spider)

Other arachnids
0.0.1 African black/red trapdoor

Scorpions
0.0.1 D. variegatus (Tailless whip scorpion)
If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing!
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:32 pm

:jawdrop: You're almost beating me! That's some collection!

Here's mine:
Tarantulas
0.1.0 Acanthoscurria chacoana -Bolivian Salmon Pink
0.1.0 Aphonopelma moderatum -Rio Grande Gold
0.0.1 Avicularia avicularia -Common Pinktoe
0.0.1 Avicularia purpurea -Ecuadorian Purple Pinktoe
0.1.1 Avicularia versicolor -Antilles Pinktoe
0.1.4 Brachypelma albopilosum -Honduran Curlyhair
0.0.5 Brachypelma smithi -Mexican Redknee
0.0.2 Cyclosternum fasciatum -Costa Rican Tigerrump
0.1.0 Ephebopus cyanognathus -Blue Fang
0.0.1 Grammostola aureostriata -Goldenstripe
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchra -Brazilian Black
0.1.2 Grammostola rosea -Rosehair
0.1.0 Haplopelma lividum -Cobalt Blue
0.0.2 Heteroscodra maculata -Ornamental Baboon
0.0.1 Holothele incei -Trinidad Olive
0.1.0 Poecilotheria regalis -Indian Ornamental
0.0.3 Psalmopoeus irminia -Venezuelan Suntiger
0.0.2 Pterinochilus murinus -Orange Baboon

True Spiders:
0.1.5 Heteropoda venatoria -Huntsman spider
0.2.0 Latrodectus hesperus -Western Black Widow
0.0.1 Liphistius malayanus -Malaysian Trapdoor
0.1.0 Phidippus johnsoni -Red-Backed Jumping spider
0.1.0 Scotophaeus blackwalli - (I don't know common name)

Other inverts:
0.0.2 Ethmostigmus trigonopodus -Yellowleg Centipede
0.0.1 Scolopendra alternans -Haitian Giant Centipede
1.2.2 Tenodera aridifolia -Chinese Mantis
User avatar
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:04 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW, Australia

Postby Lisa » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:36 pm

Goodness, I bet you two will end up in the local paper one day, some news story about how your spiders escaped and ate the neighbours puppy, built a web over the granny down the street as she was walking home from the shops, and then they all ran off into the woods to copulate madly and the rumours say they're spawning a whole new generation of mutant spiders :lol:


Do the people in your street know you's keep so many creepy crawlies?
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
User avatar
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:04 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW, Australia

Postby Lisa » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:39 pm

Leigh wrote:
LISACraig Johnstone :rofl: Have you got a mullet fetish or what?Thats a hall of fame worthy of any sports fans wall, or did you have alteria motives :scratch:


Turn it up, Leigh! I was only like 7 years old or something!!
But yeah I see your point now :oops:

I also had pics of Beefy Botham and Allan Lamb, so I also must've had a thing for short, fat, hairy moustachioed men, too! I've grown up alot since then .... and so have my tastes :lol:
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004

1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006

1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006

1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:07 pm

Hmm, my friend is thinking of getting a gecko and today I got to explain all the different types and pros and cons of them and I forgot the cresties! Silly me. I'll have to do some research on em and tell her about em. Thanks for the reminder guys!
User avatar
MartinsPerson
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:49 pm
Country:
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Contact:

Postby MartinsPerson » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:49 am

Wow, I've been a little scarce the past few weeks. I have been dealing with this little kitten that I posted about. He is doing fantastic! Growing like a weed. His front leg is healing nicely, although he has to have a cast change every week. Thank goodness I have access to free vet care for him. He is 22 days old today. In the beginning I couldn't wait until he was a little more independent, and now I kinda miss when he needed me every 2 hours. His personality is really starting to shine, and I'm excited about his future. I shouldn't have trouble at all finding a great home for him. I still need to charge my camera, and then I'll post pictures. He's to die for!
1.1 IJ "Baloo", "Bianca"
0.0.1 Northern "Sebastian"
1.1 Kei Island "KeiKei", Sprout"
0.2 chihuahua "Delilah", "Holly"
0.1 quarter horse "Cadence"
0.0.1 A. versicolor "Prism"
User avatar
Arkangel
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am
Country:
Location: Jersey Devil Pinelands

Postby Arkangel » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:40 am

Awww.. Post pictures when you can. See if you can find another young kitten to foster with him. Orphan kittens do not do well when raised alone. They need bonding with another kitten or mother cat.

They seem perfectly normal for a long time but then one day turn into miserable hellcats.
Kristine
Bluebird Acres Farm
Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog

Artemis on MySpace


When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
Cree Prophecy.
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:19 am

Lisa wrote:Goodness, I bet you two will end up in the local paper one day, some news story about how your spiders escaped and ate the neighbours puppy, built a web over the granny down the street as she was walking home from the shops, and then they all ran off into the woods to copulate madly and the rumours say they're spawning a whole new generation of mutant spiders :lol:


Do the people in your street know you's keep so many creepy crawlies?


:rofl:
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:30 am

Lisa wrote:Goodness, I bet you two will end up in the local paper one day, some news story about how your spiders escaped and ate the neighbours puppy, built a web over the granny down the street as she was walking home from the shops, and then they all ran off into the woods to copulate madly and the rumours say they're spawning a whole new generation of mutant spiders :lol:


Do the people in your street know you's keep so many creepy crawlies?


:lol:

My neighbors don't know about my critters. My work and all my friends do though. My neighbors have only seen the lizards.
User avatar
Arkangel
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am
Country:
Location: Jersey Devil Pinelands

Postby Arkangel » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:08 am

Has anyone else noticed all the BTS ads? :lol:


BTS Savings....BTS styles....

I never knew Walmart had so many Blue Tongue Skinks this time of year. :rofl:
Kristine

Bluebird Acres Farm

Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog



Artemis on MySpace





When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy.
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:39 am

Arkangel wrote:Has anyone else noticed all the BTS ads? :lol:


BTS Savings....BTS styles....

I never knew Walmart had so many Blue Tongue Skinks this time of year. :rofl:


Or that blueys liked pencils and backpacks so much...? :noknow: Maybe THEY are the experts. :wink:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
MartinsPerson
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:49 pm
Country:
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Contact:

Postby MartinsPerson » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:57 am

Arkangel wrote:Awww.. Post pictures when you can. See if you can find another young kitten to foster with him. Orphan kittens do not do well when raised alone. They need bonding with another kitten or mother cat.

They seem perfectly normal for a long time but then one day turn into miserable hellcats.


Unfortunately another kitten isn't an option. He is getting socialized with my room mate's cat, so that's really just gonna have to do. He'll be a special one for sure, but I think he's pretty adorable.
1.1 IJ "Baloo", "Bianca"

0.0.1 Northern "Sebastian"

1.1 Kei Island "KeiKei", Sprout"

0.2 chihuahua "Delilah", "Holly"

0.1 quarter horse "Cadence"

0.0.1 A. versicolor "Prism"
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:28 pm

To bad you didn't live closer to me. He could hang out at my house. The project I foster for houses and adopts out (unless there is another young cat at home) all of our kittens it at least pairs. So I have two young kittens as well as the kitten I adopted. There there are the 5 adults!
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:30 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:
Arkangel wrote:Has anyone else noticed all the BTS ads? :lol:


BTS Savings....BTS styles....

I never knew Walmart had so many Blue Tongue Skinks this time of year. :rofl:


Or that blueys liked pencils and backpacks so much...? :noknow: Maybe THEY are the experts. :wink:

KW


Christopher loves penicils and backpacks and stuff. I think I 'm going to have to take him BTS shopping!!!!

I finally got my class list today and one of my little boys is named Christopher!!!!! :doh:
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Reptscue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:56 pm
Country:
Location: SW FL

Postby Reptscue » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Dragontears wrote:
Lisa wrote:Goodness, I bet you two will end up in the local paper one day, some news story about how your spiders escaped and ate the neighbours puppy, built a web over the granny down the street as she was walking home from the shops, and then they all ran off into the woods to copulate madly and the rumours say they're spawning a whole new generation of mutant spiders :lol:


Do the people in your street know you's keep so many creepy crawlies?


:lol:

My neighbors don't know about my critters. My work and all my friends do though. My neighbors have only seen the lizards.


I don't know any of my close neighbors. So they will only see the occasional snake. But all my co-workers and friends know about my hobbies. That's why not many people come to my house.


OMG DT....
I forgot my little (0.0.1) H. lividum.... How dare I!?!?!?!

It'll never forgive me! And you know how they can be. :shock:
If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing!
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:02 pm

Ok, so back on the crestie-subject, who would you guys recommend as reliable and good peeps to purchase CB squips from, esp. out here on the Sunset Coast?
Also, I know they eat mostly "crestie-slurry, but can they eat small silkworms and waxworms?
(my hubby thinks Crested geckos look like muppet road kill!) :(
All the more reason to get one, eh? :wink:
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:18 pm

I know this topic has come up before.. but how cool would it be to have one of these?
Image
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:21 pm

Wow, I LOVE those! They're little Goth BTS's !!!! They look like they've been dunked in India Ink! How cool is that! I wonder if their tongues are black too? :love:
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:09 pm

Reptscue wrote:I don't know any of my close neighbors. So they will only see the occasional snake. But all my co-workers and friends know about my hobbies. That's why not many people come to my house.


OMG DT....
I forgot my little (0.0.1) H. lividum.... How dare I!?!?!?!

It'll never forgive me! And you know how they can be. :shock:


:jawdrop:

You'll soon be experiencing this then:
Image

:nervous:
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:42 pm

Such pretty colors on the spiders! I want one of those bright purple ones I saw on here at one point. DT, that spider looks very friendly, go on, pet it! Love the blue.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 194 guests