OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:38 pm

Hmm, I dunno, this one is difficult...
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:52 pm

That is hard, looks like blue scales :P

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:00 pm

It's a BTS tongue!
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:02 pm

russman wrote:It's a BTS tongue!


I was actually thinking that, but it looks so different up close :lol:

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy

*1 Cockatiel, Baylee

*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles

*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.

*f.C Photography

*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:06 pm

russman wrote:It's a BTS tongue!


yep! I love my macro lens! :D
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:22 am

That macro lens is INTENSE. I want one. Now. :hehe:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:05 am

Dragontears wrote:
russman wrote:It's a BTS tongue!


yep! I love my macro lens! :D




THAT'S FANTASTIC!!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:05 am

Does anyone know of any good video editing software? I have some videos I want to paste some mp3's over them. Help!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Lura
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 pm
Country:
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby Lura » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:03 am

That close-up tongue shot is absolutely incredible!! Your macro shots are AMAZING!

I used to edit videos, and if you're looking to do it regularly and want a lot of control, there's always Adobe Premier, but that's very expensive. For a small project, something like Windows Movie Maker should do the job. Most newer Macs come with video editing software, too.

•1.0.0 Northern BTS (Scout)
•1.0.0 Corn snake (Tucker)
•1.0.0 Western Hognose (Hamlet)
•0.1.0 Ball Python (Sue)
•0.2.0 Rats (Isis and DW)
•1.0.0 Cat (Captain Happy)
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:27 am

KyleWeiss wrote:That macro lens is INTENSE. I want one. Now. :hehe:

KW


:lol: Where have you been recently? I've missed you.
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:31 am

Zach wrote:Does anyone know of any good video editing software? I have some videos I want to paste some mp3's over them. Help!


You can do that in Windows Movie Maker. I'm sure there are better programs, but that program comes with XP and Vista.

Adobe Premier Elements does a better job, but student pricing for that is about $70.

It depends on what you want to spend.
User avatar
Reptscue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:56 pm
Country:
Location: SW FL

Postby Reptscue » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:36 am

DT... mantids, centipedes, and millis will be the things you will always have me on. If it isn't native, I can't have it. :cry2:
If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing!
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:12 pm

Zach,
I've done video editing with Avid and with Adobe Premier (both used in the industry). They are somewhat expensive programs, but I've found Premier easier to use. I've personally never used any of the "easy" ones, so I can't give an opinion on those. Do you have Mac or PC?
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Good Bye summer. I've got to go back to work tomorrow and the kids start on Thursday.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Jenn wrote:Good Bye summer. I've got to go back to work tomorrow and the kids start on Thursday.


Ive been in school since the 14th.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Phantom wrote:
Jenn wrote:Good Bye summer. I've got to go back to work tomorrow and the kids start on Thursday.


Ive been in school since the 14th.


My kids started aug 5th... :D :D :D :D :D
Pippi
User avatar
Hijinks
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:04 pm
Country:
Location: Nutley, NJ
Contact:

Postby Hijinks » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:55 pm

Hooray for school being back in! Maybe now the teenager in the apartment above me will stop choosing 4:00 in the morning to roll around in an office chair, or tap dance, or drop bowling balls, or any of the other weird stuff he seems to be up to in the wee hours...
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:46 pm

I dunno bout you, but I love throwing bowling balls while tap dancing at 4 am! I usually reserve the office-chair-rolling for later in the day though.
User avatar
MartinsPerson
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:49 pm
Country:
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Contact:

Postby MartinsPerson » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Hijinks wrote:Hooray for school being back in! Maybe now the teenager in the apartment above me will stop choosing 4:00 in the morning to roll around in an office chair, or tap dance, or drop bowling balls, or any of the other weird stuff he seems to be up to in the wee hours...


Yay for living on the ground floor of a house!
1.1 IJ "Baloo", "Bianca"
0.0.1 Northern "Sebastian"
1.1 Kei Island "KeiKei", Sprout"
0.2 chihuahua "Delilah", "Holly"
0.1 quarter horse "Cadence"
0.0.1 A. versicolor "Prism"
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:09 am

SailleSkinklover wrote:Zach,
I've done video editing with Avid and with Adobe Premier (both used in the industry). They are somewhat expensive programs, but I've found Premier easier to use. I've personally never used any of the "easy" ones, so I can't give an opinion on those. Do you have Mac or PC?



PC...

I'd sure love something that isn't like 100MB. Sheesh....


Windows movie maker....I have XP; I"ll have to see if I have it.

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests