OFF-TOPIC THREAD 8
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Tigergenesis
- The Blue Bayou

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
- Country:
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Contact:
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Sand boas are doing good, except they havent eaten for me yet. I am trying every week. Im not worried yet, but getting tired of having to kill the live mouse that the saharan wont eat lol.
The Saharan has calmed down quite a bit and not musking everytime I touch it. Thank goodness for Febreeze! But the Kenyan is so sweet. I cant thank you enough for the little guys!
Brad
- DeadEye
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 676
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
- Country:
- Location: Australia
Yes Leigh you wouldn,t know him , thanks for everyone,s well wishes , he is climbing walking round the yard soaking up the rays. And after the shed .phew smooth dude all these colours , think he will get salmon flames on his face like harleys orange face
.
Oh ive you have time this is cool a camera mounted on a lake in africa playing 24/7 ..The Owl i seen rip a thing outa the grass ..
Lots of frogs croaking away . I let it play alot ..Ps Click on what animal you want to watch . Iam hooked on the OWL ..The sounds of the night ..wow
http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wil ... &altsh=owl
.
Oh ive you have time this is cool a camera mounted on a lake in africa playing 24/7 ..The Owl i seen rip a thing outa the grass ..
Lots of frogs croaking away . I let it play alot ..Ps Click on what animal you want to watch . Iam hooked on the OWL ..The sounds of the night ..wow
http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wil ... &altsh=owl
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
- Leigh
- Leigh of the Law

- Posts: 6695
- Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
- Country:
- Location: Bristol, England
- Nature's Gift
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 am
- Country:
- Location: SE Queensland Australia
- mouseinamilkbottle
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 293
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
- Country:
- Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia
Just a heads up.
Someone on eBay Australia is auctioning a copy of Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia Second Edition (1979) by Harold G. Cogger. Current price is $100 AU, with one bid on it. There are 17 hours to go.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1
It's a great book - my mum still has a copy of it from her uni days. I've seen it listed for as much as $270 Australian dollars on other websites.
Someone on eBay Australia is auctioning a copy of Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia Second Edition (1979) by Harold G. Cogger. Current price is $100 AU, with one bid on it. There are 17 hours to go.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1
It's a great book - my mum still has a copy of it from her uni days. I've seen it listed for as much as $270 Australian dollars on other websites.
Ruth
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
--------
Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
- Nature's Gift
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 am
- Country:
- Location: SE Queensland Australia
- Tigergenesis
- The Blue Bayou

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
- Country:
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Contact:
reptileking wrote:Sand boas are doing good, except they havent eaten for me yet. I am trying every week. Im not worried yet, but getting tired of having to kill the live mouse that the saharan wont eat lol.The Saharan has calmed down quite a bit and not musking everytime I touch it. Thank goodness for Febreeze! But the Kenyan is so sweet. I cant thank you enough for the little guys!
Have you tried giving the Kenyan live? Maybe he found out the Saharan was getting live and is protesting. LOL

0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
No I havent, I will try giving him a live one too. I have tried covering the saharans cage, but thought maybe there was still too much light in (I have tried feeding them in the evening) so I even put its cage in the closet. I checked on it every 10mins or so and his head was peaking out so I thought he was going to eat it, but then he went back under and didnt come back out. Am I doing anything different than you did?
Brad
- Tigergenesis
- The Blue Bayou

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
- Country:
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Contact:
reptileking wrote:No I havent, I will try giving him a live one too. I have tried covering the saharans cage, but thought maybe there was still too much light in (I have tried feeding them in the evening) so I even put its cage in the closet. I checked on it every 10mins or so and his head was peaking out so I thought he was going to eat it, but then he went back under and didnt come back out. Am I doing anything different than you did?
Not really. For the Saharan I put the mouse in (feed in the evening) and covered the cage and let him be. After about 10 minutes if he didn't eat I stopped trying. Then I usually didn't try for 2-4 weeks later so I didn't stress myself out much. I thought it was funny when he would kill the mouse but not eat it - I guess it was getting on his nerves and disturbing him too much. LOL.

0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
- Shellyjean
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 259
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Southwest VA
Did ya ever hear that pet owners begin looking like their pets??? I've only had blueys a couple weeks and it's happening already!
Obviously I have WAY TOO MUCH time on my hands today!
Obviously I have WAY TOO MUCH time on my hands today!
Last edited by Shellyjean on Wed May 02, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jacki
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm
- Country:
- Location: San Antonio, Tx
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
If you could blend the forhead it could really fool people! Tee hee. Attack of the lizard ladies! The true fashionistas of the world.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Shellyjean
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 259
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Southwest VA
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Wow, I think I might be scared now. Do all owners end up looking like their pets? That looks awsome. Makes me wanna play in photoshop some more...
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Shellyjean
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 259
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 am
- Country:
- Location: Southwest VA
- Tigergenesis
- The Blue Bayou

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
- Country:
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Contact:
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Actually, I have a friend who is an amazing artist. She is especially talented at real-life drawings of people and animals. I have many, many of her pictures, they line my walls. She mentioned she wanted something to draw, so I asked specifically for a BTS. This is what she came up with:
So I took some pictures of it with my mac, and one of the features is changing the colors. So I tried many different styles of the picture:
I chose the last to be my avatar because I love the colors! The original is posted on the wall beside me right now. I'll also show off a few other pieces of her art, starting with a gorgeous leapord:
She likes horses:
And she can draw people very real:
She is a god of art. I love her sooo much. She's also amazing nice and stylish. Oh, and she can sew:
Lots of awsome pics of Kayla's amazing work!
Edit: Resizing to be more Dial-Up friendly.
So I took some pictures of it with my mac, and one of the features is changing the colors. So I tried many different styles of the picture:
I chose the last to be my avatar because I love the colors! The original is posted on the wall beside me right now. I'll also show off a few other pieces of her art, starting with a gorgeous leapord:
She likes horses:
And she can draw people very real:
She is a god of art. I love her sooo much. She's also amazing nice and stylish. Oh, and she can sew:
Lots of awsome pics of Kayla's amazing work!
Edit: Resizing to be more Dial-Up friendly.
Last edited by Fatal_S on Wed May 02, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Oh, and since I'm posting pictures lately:
This is a shirt I just got yesterday. I love the lizard on it. There's also lizard prints near the top and on the back.
EDIT: Resizing to be more Dial-Up friendly
This is a shirt I just got yesterday. I love the lizard on it. There's also lizard prints near the top and on the back.
EDIT: Resizing to be more Dial-Up friendly
Last edited by Fatal_S on Wed May 02, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 230 guests

something about dodgey content, I'd love to
. Birds of prey are soooo cool, hows the Barn's doing you got