Everyone, meet Tuck. DUW

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Everyone, meet Tuck. DUW

Postby russman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:01 am

Well, the bluey addiction has set in. I noticed on the classifieds that there were free babies being given away, so I jumped on the chance and drove down there (from PA) to snag one. They were all so cute, it was a hard choice, but in the end I chose the runt. I think he's beautiful, and he's really laid back.

I have a couple of concerns though, that I would like y'all to take a look at and let me know what you think. First, he has some stuck shed on his head, which I'm not worried about, but one of the scales seems damaged further down than just the surface.. hopefully the picture will show it better than I can tell it. Also, he's got a lip scale on both sides of his mouth that kind of droops. It looks like he bit down on a metal rod or something and it kinda damaged his lower lip.. you be the judge. One last thing that I'm most concerned about is a patch under his chin where the scales seem to have worn away. Anyway, without further ado, here's Tuck:
Image
Image
Image
Image

This picture shows the stuck shed and the damaged scale:
Image

And here's the funky lip:
Image

And finally the patch under his chin:
Image
I left one large so you could see the detail better:
Image
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:07 am

UPDATE: After a warm bath last night and some wet paper towel rubbing, and another today, the stuck shed came right off, but the scale is still damaged underneath.. not too bad though.
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:12 am

congrats on the new baby. The damaged scale will probably be fine after a couple more sheds.
Pippi
JWSR
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
Country:
Location: Henderson, Kentucky

Postby JWSR » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:25 am

I could be wrong Russ, but on the large pic, it looks to me to be a burn just healed or in the process of healing. There doesn't appear to be any infection. Is the area moist or dry? Wash your finger with alcohol before touching it. If it's moist, cotton swab a thin film of neosporin on it a couple times a day until it heals up well.

Edit: Forgot to say, very good looking skink! :)
Last edited by JWSR on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:30 am

Thanks Jerry, I will check on the moistness factor ASAP.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.. he's a Northern/IJ mix.
JWSR
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
Country:
Location: Henderson, Kentucky

Postby JWSR » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:40 am

I could definitely see IJ in him, especially the head.
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:44 am

Hey Russman! I guess you found a use for your spare cage after all! I think he's a handsome fellow. :D
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:05 am

mom22wins wrote:Hey Russman! I guess you found a use for your spare cage after all! I think he's a handsome fellow. :D


Well yeah, extra space is a justification for a new bluey anyday! Especially a free one!
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:36 pm

Tuck looks beautiful, i love his patterns :love:
Great to hear that the shed came off :thumbs:
Hopefully those scales under his chin get better!

Thanks for sharing mate ;)

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
Tattoo
BT Beldam
BT Beldam
Posts: 6669
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am
Country:
Location: Vermont, USA

Postby Tattoo » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Well ... that's a face everyone's mother can love. Tuck is terriffic! :clap:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 247 guests